Carnivore Diet

Options
I started the carnivore diet on 4/14. I’m not 100% yet but I like it. Purpose is mainly to reduce blood glucose. 4/14 A1C was 9.6, as of today I’m down to 7.2 😊👍

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,934 Member
    Options
    Good job and you get to eat meat, it's a win win. :D
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @drosen4587

Good stuff dude. I'm curious as to how you're feeling on it and if you noticed any other changes.

I've been on it for about a month now and I feel amazing for it. Certain aches and pains have gone away, apparently I don't snore nearly as bad now, I only eat twice a day and don't snack at all. My teeth look and feel cleaner.
  • ceemax55
    ceemax55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My husband and I have been carnivore since last Aug, 8 months now. Stay the course. My husband is doing amazing. I have some underlying issues that I'm working with a lipidologist to correct so my weight loss is slower.
    Hopefully you have had deep dive blood work done so you know where your body is metabolically. That's important.
    All the best to you!
  • Snookums666
    Snookums666 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is carnivore similar to keto?
    I started keto a few months back to reduce inflammation and support gut bacteria. They sound similar 🤔
  • neanderthin
    edited May 1
    Options
    Is carnivore similar to keto?
    I started keto a few months back to reduce inflammation and support gut bacteria. They sound similar 🤔

I suspect you found out through either a Dr. or doing your own research that a keto diet might be something that could benefit you. I know it did me and I continue to adhere to a keto lifestyle off and on for my own health reasons.
    The main reasons why people will continue to adhere to keto is the continued relief they get and the fact that being in a ketogenic state also has it's benefits mentally.

Both of these diet strategies are for all intents and purposes aggressive FODMAP diets and the success in lowering inflammation is the basic benefit of both with weight loss secondary. Most of the compounds that effect inflammation are plant compounds and when they're of poor quality overconsumed and in the quantity of most people, the effect that these diets can achieve is pretty impressive.

Even though the keto diet works very well and has been shown to be successful for the last 20 years or so there's still many people and a whole new clinical awareness in the medical community where removing all plant compounds might actually improve health more so and that's exactly what's happening.

Saying that and within carnivore diets there are degree's of strictness which is again based on the effect some foods have on peoples health and those being eggs, dairy of all kinds, fish and seafood simply because people can have aversions, gut issues etc and the strictest version is called the "lion diet" that was popularized by Mikhaila Peterson where only ruminant animals like beef, bison, lamb and goat, salt and water is consumed which was the only way she found successful relief. Also, even the fact that aged beef can effect people because of the histamines generated through the aging process, so she only consumes fresh beef. I'll leave a link to her story.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N39o_DI5laI
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    Options
    Great progress. I started on Keto a little more than a year back with a prediabetic A1C. It is now normal. I have moved more carnivore over time, although I am not strict carnivore, more of a ketovore.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hello! Has anyone seen progress while eating carnivore but still using a few sugar free items? Sauces or coffee flavors, etc. Or do they cause you to have no progress until cut out?

Thanks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    JAllen32 wrote: »
    Hello! Has anyone seen progress while eating carnivore but still using a few sugar free items? Sauces or coffee flavors, etc. Or do they cause you to have no progress until cut out?

Thanks

Weight loss progress or health progress (which specific factors of health, even, if it's health)?
  • neanderthin
    edited May 2
    Options
    JAllen32 wrote: »

Thanks

Weight loss is a about calories, which is not what carnivore is about and never has been. I suspect the more popular it gets, your type of questions will become more frequent. I suggest anyone interested in carnivore will need to do some research to understand what it's all about. While it's a very simple concept, a basic understanding is pretty well required. But yeah, sauces and sugar free alternatives are not part of carnivore. I know I didn't give you any real reasoning or solutions behind your questions, and that's because it's really something that needs to be researched by the individual and not some random answer based on a science principle that eventually will require a basic understanding of anyway.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    Options
    I eat close to carnivore. I drink sugar free drinks, uses zero calorie sauces, and the like. It doesn't negatively affect my weight loss. It doesn't negatively affect the health things that carnivore has brought me relief from. I don't generally use most seed oils as they do negatively affect me based on experience. If you are only looking for weight loss, you likely won't hinder it with them. Only experimenting will tell you.
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am keto/carnivore I do not eat any vegs or fruit ( only coffee). I eat meat, butter, eggs, some dairy and some spices and sweeteners( I like monk fruit in my coffee with heavy whipping cream) I also use LMT the zero sugar ones. The zero sweeteners do not seem to affect my weight loss. Life is good and my body loves this way of eating. Proved very beneficial for my crohns!