Ground Flex seed

Options
bldunne
bldunne Posts: 4 Member
Do you count the calories from ground flex seed?
I'm a very low calorie 1200 under doctors care.

Answers

• bldunne
    bldunne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's the calories My
    doctor has set.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    If it's a sprinkle I'd not worry about it. But a tablespoon of flax seeds has like 50+ calories so if you're using that then log it. With a small calorie goal like that, 50 calories counts. Most calories are gonna count for you on that low of a calorie goal.
    Good luck.

I'd also just give a you a tip to use flax seeds that come from a solid colored/opaque bag - they can deteriorate in the light. And I'd use a coffee grinder to grind them up to put them in things bc their outside hull is quite hard for your digestive system to even break down.
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I log it. It adds a bit of healthy fats and fiber which I like to monitor. I also tend to grind them to get the most benefit.
  • larrylila1
    larrylila1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be sure to refrigerate after opening package or grinding seeds. I grind them in a coffee grinder i use just for flax seeds & put in jars in the frig- they last a long time without getting rancid.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    larrylila1 wrote: »
    Be sure to refrigerate after opening package or grinding seeds. I grind them in a coffee grinder i use just for flax seeds & put in jars in the frig- they last a long time without getting rancid.

Great advice- I do this will all seeds