wobble / vibration machine

Options
i own a bluefin pro vibration and it is giving a calorie burn on it's screen can anyone tell me how true it is to a persons current burning and wether it makes a difference in your deficicts
what is your experience with these machines thanks in advance
Paul

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight before? Do you have some semi-verifiable calorie numbers you've used in the past to effectively lose weight? If so, use the machine's numbers and see how it goes.

I would seriously doubt that it would be a lot of calories used. What are the numbers it's giving you?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Those machines highly exaggerate calorie burns. Think of back in the 60's when they had belts that went around your waist and shook them. Same snakeoil.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,305 Member
    Options
    If you do some exercise while standing on it, the thing you're doing will burn some calories. If standing on it while doing something challenges your balance, that may burn a small number more, but it's no world-beater. The passive effect of the vibrations is bound to be pretty small.

Research seems to be limited at this point, suggesting an effect on calorie burn (increase), but relatively small. The study sizes seem to be small, among other research quality questions.

Some of the online reviews of Bluefin are claiming hundreds of calories burned in 10 minutes (even 1000+ in 10 minutes!), which is ludicrous, frankly. Very darned little burns hundreds of calories in 10 minutes. If the machine's telling you anything like that, then no, not accurate.

Since I don't have one, let alone Bluefin specifically, I have no idea how many calories it's telling you, plus I don't know your current height/weight, plus you haven't said what you're doing when you use it (exercises or just standing there).