SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    May:
    AF: 4
    A: 7
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the lovely LA moms out there!

I’ve been on the coast for the weekend with my grandkids, DD and DSIL — did tide pools, beach days, pizza night, seafood, Bon fires and s’mores—what a blessed weekend in my life. Life is good. God is good. ❤️

Am committed to making up AF days this week and sticking to my calorie goals after a little champagne today (counted).

May goals: 18 AF days
    Current:
    AF - 4
    A - 6
    LA - 2
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    AF = 8
    A = 4

A glass of wine with dinner. Resisted the urge to get a bottle of wine on the way home from the restaurant.

Happy Mother’s Day to the mommas in the group!
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @danikat15 you are sticking to your AF goals! It’s also hard for me when I go camping not to have that adult beverage— Good job!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    5 - AF
    5 - A
    3 - LA
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    AF = 9
    A = 4

And the hits just keep coming.🙁 No alcohol tonight. Going to bed in a bit. Wake me in 2025 please.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,984 Member
    Options
    So far, 11 days AF. Hit the tequila and wine on Mothers Day. Otherwise, weight loss is holding steady. Zero loss since last month but I know I am eating more. NEW: I am going to bed at 8:30, up at 4, out the door at 5 am for a 2 hr minimum walk. Makes me feel so good all day long.

Side note: if I feel like drinking, I remind myself that alcohol damages DNA and the last thing I need right now is to give myself a life threatening ailment. I don't want chemo life, no thank you.

I like drinking alcohol too but the reason I gained weight before was that I was drinking too much alcohol and the reason I lost weight before was because I stopped drinking alcohol.

This is the 3rd time that I've stopped drinking alcohol to lose weight. I just did it earlier than before with weight gain of "only" 15# this time instead of at 40# of weight gain twice before.

Everything I've ever read points to how drinking alcohol -- any alcohol -- is BAD for you but there are all kinds of things that people make excuses to do to justify doing what they do.

You can easily Google the topic to find a long list of reasons NOT to drink alcohol and NO reason that can justify doing it medically.

I had no problem stopping drinking alcohol this time and before. So, fortunately, I'm not an alcoholic but I can't say that I still don't "crave" a drink now and then.

However, l think I've reached an impasse on this topic & need to make a decision about whether or not to stop drinking entirely or to try to drink in moderation (meaning much less than I drank before) in order the benefit my health and to avoid going on an AF diet again.

I haven't made a decision about this yet and would rather not make that decision, which means that I'll probably gain weight again.

Oh well . . .
  • Michieb125
    Options
    We have a long vacation coming up in mid June and I want to be at my lower end weight before we leave. Need to get back on track with staying within my calorie zone to drop 2-3 lbs.

Thank you @globalhiker for mentioning the really good reasons to cut way back on alcohol! I’m right there with you, overdoing = health problems. No thank you!

May goals: 18 AF days / 58% LA
    Current:
    AF - 5
    A - 6
    LA - 3