Keto Help

Options
khowelloct
khowelloct Posts: 1 Member
edited April 30 in Motivation and Support
I’ve been doing Keto for 15 days, no cheating, working out daily, getting in my 10,000 steps, watching my macros and have only lost 1.5 lbs. getting a little discouraged. I have noticed that my belly is smaller. What am I doing wrong? Doing 1400 calories- 5% carb,
65% Fat , 30% Protein. I am also doing 16:8 intermittent fasting 5 days a week
Tagged:

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,153 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, even on Keto, is driven by a calorie deficit over time. The benefit of a Keto diet for me, beyond the health stuff that put me on it in the first place, is that eating a lot of protein and fat fill me up and keep my full a long time so I eat much less. I would suggest look carefully at your logging. If you are not measuring portions carefully with higher fat foods it is easy to eat far more calories than you think you are. Also, the food database is crowd sourced, so when you start out it is important to verify the entries you are using for accuracy. Yes, it seems like a lot of work to start, but after a couple of weeks you will have a bunch of correct entries in your recent list.

As for Keto, using a percentage for carbs, in my experience, is far less helpful than looking at the actual gram numbers. I strive for 20 grams (total not net) a day although I will at times go up to 30 or use net grams depending on various other factors. There is a somewhat active low carb group here in the groups section that I would encourage you to join. There is good reading there, and people doing the same way of eating who can help.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Adjust thine expectations!