Is it possible to get taller from HIIT workout?

Options
I started my weight loss journey doing intermittent fasting and doing bodyweight workouts in Feb 04 with the weight of 85 kg and height of 169cm/5'7
In April 28, my weight is 73.5 kg and 172 cm/5'8.

Answers

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I'd say if anything you posture has improved. Les weighing you down mentally and physically. Bravo
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the posture comment. It's also possible that the spine itself is not being as compressed as it was before by the bodyfat which you've dropped. Astronauts in space are taller than on Earth for this very reason, the spine not having to deal with holding up their weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    It's not about HIIT per se, though. It's about what others said above: Posture or being less weighed down/compressed.

Well . . . if you're still adolescent, it could be that improved health fosters some growth that increases height. Most young women stop growing taller around 15, but it can continue longer, typically not past 18. Most young men stop getting taller around 18, but it can continue until maybe 20-ish. I'm betting that if you were in that age range, you'd be aware you could still possibly grow.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,083 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing them several times a week for 4 1/2 years and have lost 76lbs….same height. I wish I had gained a few inches in height though!
  • leebertnakao
    leebertnakao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your body is naturally going to grow or shrink depending on the time of day you measure yourself. You're going to be taller in the morning because all of your joints haven't been compressed throughout the day yet.