New member.

Options
I loved reading everyone’s goals. Very inspirational.

I just signed up for the full version of MyFitnessPal app and I will be exploring it more and finding more tools to help me along the way. I have started with an online physiologist that sends me workouts to do at home. I don’t find it very motivating. But let’s see how that goes.

I’m looking forward to better weather so I can walk outside. I am an empty nester and find myself lonely since my kids are out doing their own thing. I’m worry about not going out and doing things on my own.

One thing I need to remind myself of is that I started. I decided to start to change my lifestyle to try to be a better version of myself.
I won’t stress feeling overwhelmed because I know I didn’t get this big over night. I have to have patience with myself.

My weekly goals is at least 2lbs lost. Walk daily and eat healthier.

Excited to be in this group.

- Maria
- SW 305
- GW 170

Replies

• ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    No, I am not on the welcome committee but it bothers me to see introductions like yours and no reply to it.
    I am a newbie myself. One month to be exact and so far so good. I have lost 11 pounds and I have brought my glucose numbers down.
    I need to lose 100+ pounds and will send you a friend request. I am 59, happily married, fat, and happy (not about being fat but the rest of the time.)
    I am not mobile enough to work out. I bought a legserciser, a peddle machine that does the peddling for me. I do it faithfully every evening for 25-30 minutes, and I can feel my legs getting stronger. I wish my belly wouldn't be in the way, but I am going to change that.
    I am on the Mediterranean diet for now, but I want to try a vegan lifestyle for 90 days soon.
    I am trying new food combinations and love it. I suppose it's easier when it's fun.
    All the Best!

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Maria!

"At least 2 lbs per week" is a very aggressive number. It can be done, but needs to be done with extra care to ensure you don't accidentally screw up some internal chemistry along the way. Keep your doctor in the loop, especially if you start to feel ill.