Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do I make the calories goal stop being adjusted?

I noticed with any physical activity I do that causes me to burn calories, my calorie goal always increases allowing me to eat more calories. How I do stop this from changing? For example I only want to eat 1,500 calories a day but when I burn calories my app jumps to a 1,700 calorie goal just because I have that extra space of calories. I do not want this to be changing. Help. Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,311 Member
    Either don't log your intentional exercise or log it as zero calories. Beyond that, what you describe is how MFP is supposed to work. If the calorie amount is from using MFP's goal setter, then it only includes your non-exercise activity, so when people exercise they are to eat those exercise calories back to keep their calorie deficit from getting too big.
  • HealthyHannah777
    HealthyHannah777 Posts: 5 Member
    Under goals there’s a goal called exercise calories - make sure it’s off.

Although, I’ve noticed that app will turn this back on every few weeks.. which I hope is a glitch. So I have to turn it off again every few weeks