Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the best thing at WAWA

Hi, I have long commutes two days a week and I try to meal prep. When I forget, I find myself stopping at WAWA (small store with lots of food and take out). For those of you familiar with WAWA , any ideas on best thing to get?

Answers

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,275 Member
    I think they are part of the Kroger chain. If so, look for the Taylor Farms salads in the round containers (not the bagged ones).

Their apple/walnut is so good it’s like a dessert, and only 250 calories.

Or if you’ve got a fridge, get some deli meat, lite ranch dressing and some carb smart type tortillas. Quick and easy low cal wrap.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,275 Member
    edited May 4
    But personally,I’ d set a gazillion reminders on my phone to take a lunch from home.

I read it takes six weeks to create a habit, but for me it happens sooner.

It was stopping at the grocery store every morning that was principally responsible for my obesity. I could rationalize ANYTHING and everything. “This BOGo is too good to pass up!” was a particularly insidious mind game I played with myself. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 157 Member
    The WAWA website has a calorie counter for you to build meals. Take a look at what you may want to get and calculate a meal, or a couple and keep them logged in your "meal" section or just keep track. WAWA does a good job of grab and go (and is a local icon for those in Delco)