I lost 70 pounds

Options
spmdpa
spmdpa Posts: 4 Member
I used to weigh 125 pounds in my 30’s , fast forward 2 divorces, 2 children, work stress, ex husband stress dealing, was eating middle of night a lot, couldn’t stop, thought stories of people saying lost 60 - 70 pounds was bogus. My decision: started with a $14 course on line hypnosis for weight loss, thought it did not work first few weeks, then few weeks later, started not wanting to go to frig in middle of night.
2. Major motivation: hired people to paint whole house , including my walk in closet, painter: hey lady take out all your your clothes out put them somewhere, I put them on my bed, all dusted, not worn for 20 years, decided instead of giving them away, before putting them back inside the closet start organizing them and lose weight and try one or two pants at a time, hey guess what? It worked so well they were felling off my butt,
3. Read about autophage diet, newest diet, 17 hour fast not only causes rapid weight loss, it causes cells to eat themselves, therefore new cells regenerate, causing rejuvenating , I lost significant weight, and people started telling me: are you aging back? I was indeed looking like my late 20’s , taking selfies, was forced to buy new clothes, went from size 10 to size 6 to 4 , now I still weigh myself every day, BMI %19 , yes baby, down from %31. How long did it take? One year? First month very hard, but later focused on work and weight kept coming off, stick to 17 hour fasting weight loss diet, use my fitness pal , you must have a huge motivation, just saying I want to lose weight, reach what I used to weigh in collage in not going to get you anywhere, then keep weighing yourself everyday after reaching your goal,

Replies

• spmdpa
    Options
    Sorry for misspelling
  • spmdpa
    Options
    Btw, I was working out few years ago weight bearing, and jogging 8 miles 3 days a week to lose weight: lost only 4 pounds in 8 months, conclusion: the only thing works for me weight loss: diet, diet
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sounds like why and how I gained. Congratulations on losing! That's great!
  • riesettk
    riesettk Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    You should be proud of your diligence. I agree that it was not easy, I was inwardly protesting giving up food I loved. I began with 16:8 intermittent fasting for a month, and that jump started my weight loss. Then was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, forcing me to cease with fasting but regrouping my plan. I agree, parting with the (outgrown) clothing or putting them (goal size) within eyesight as a motivator has certainly helped. I tell my women friends, "Get yourself a little black dress and put it out where you can see it. Now, do what you have to do to wear it. Do better for you!" Nicely done! Signed, down 3 sizes, inching toward a 4th.
  • ninaerussell3
    ninaerussell3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many times a week did you do Intermittent fasting? I am super proud of you. Congrats! What a fantastic journey and uplifting story to inspire others as well. Thank you! I have done Intermittent fasting three times a week in the past three times a week.
  • slimmerjesse1
    slimmerjesse1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congrats. great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!