How do I edit "My Foods"?

Options
I can no longer edit many of the food items that I previously created under "My Foods". I can edit recently created items but not older ones. Food producers sometimes make changes to the calorie and nutritional content of their products and several of the items I created are no longer correct. How can I modify these please? I'm sure creating a duplicate item is not the best way to handle this.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,223 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can edit or delete any food you have personally added to your database, that has not been shared on the public database. If you've shared an item with the public database, you will no longer be able to make edits and should instead use the Report Food function in food search.

In our iOS apps
    - In the More page tap "My Meals, Recipes & Foods" then "My Foods."
    - Tap the item you wish to edit, then tap "Edit Food"
    - Be sure to save your changes.

In our Android app
    - In the Menu tap "Recipes Meals & Foods" then "Foods."
    - Tap the food and make changes on the next screen.
    - Be sure to save your changes.

To delete a personal food from that list:
    - iPad and iPhone users: swipe the item from right to left, then tap "Delete"

Answers

• chris_blunt
    chris_blunt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer. I do normally allow others to use items that I add to My Foods. I can se now that was a mistake, so the lesson learned there is not to share again or I'll lose control of what I add to my food database. I'll make the report as you suggested, but I suspect it will take some time for any corrections to be made.