Hi :) I'm Karen

Options
riesettk
riesettk Posts: 6 Member
edited May 6 in Introduce Yourself
Let me preface by saying, I am the least Karenest Karen you will ever meet in passing. I am a happily married mom of 2 young women, work part time in a Christian book store, and I love it. I have been here on MFP for a month and I am learning so much. I decided in March to begin a weightloss journey, because being a size 16 with a pear-shaped body meant people were asking my 48-year-old self if I was expecting a baby. It takes a lot of discipline to control your reactions to foolish questions, but such is life, in this day and age. I began 16:8 intermittent fasting immediately, with my doctor's blessing. It was a little speed-bumpy in the beginning, but just as I was reaching my momentum about a month and 20 lbs later, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I tried to continue the 16:8 but it was too challenging with timing and my schedule. I instead began eating healthy and limiting my cals to 1200. Since then, it does fluctuate depending upon the day, whether I eat out, how much I exercise, etc. I am walking about 2-3 miles a day or 10,000 steps, whichever I can work in best. I am currently a size 10, only because of my stomach...slowly inching toward an 8. My mother also was shaped this way, it's in the genetics. No meds or finger pricks for the diabetes at this time, and I feel like I am doing okay. Overall, I feel so much better, health-wise. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, still struggle with the confines of the fats and proteins, but I will get there. Down 32 lbs! So glad for this site and all the support available. God Bless.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Well that’s a pretty Karen thing to say.

Just kidding!!!!!!!

Welcome to MFP, @riesettk You sound like you’re off to an excellent start! I did the same thing on my way to a large weight loss. Started off with a single sheet of paper and joined MFP about 20 pounds in, at the suggestion of my dietician.

Let us know how we can help you along the way! No question is “too dumb”. Living proof, right here!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Karen!