Hi guys

Options
Why does my step count of 9645 only show 94 cals burnt. How do I change that it doesn’t seem right.

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    What step tracker are you using?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    Hi @sophienelson67 Good questions!

A.) your activity level includes a certain amount of steps or other activity within the setting. You are awarded “extra” calories only once you exceed the activity setting you chose during setup.

B.) if you’re on Apple Watch, it doesn’t count as exercise unless you “start” and “end” an indoor or outdoor walk, or any other exercise for that matter. Once you’re in the habit of starting walks frequently, it may even remind you by asking if you are walking, if you forget to start the workout.

I never record walks to/from my yoga studio, and I’m invariably humping it because I always get out the door late. It often asks me if I’m running lol.

C.) if using “Apple Watch Adjustment”, depending on your activity setting, as well as frequency and difficulty level of exercise, you will actually experience a calorie deduction. I often receive a deduction of 400+ calories. If you reach the point you are getting deductions, lmk for further explanation. Its aggravating, but I find it to be a very accurate adjustment.

Good grief. Good thing I reread this post. Spellchecker gone wild.