New here

Options
Hi im richard. Just started this app, im 5’4 about 200lbs trying to cut weight and stick to a decent diet, hit the gym about every other day if not more, researching how to get back down to 145. The weight has been making it hard on my joints to run, and i have a lower back l4l5 disc bulge. I think i just need to get back into the gym. Anyone else have issues with bulging discs and trying to cut weight. I get mixed advice on if i should work on good mornings when my phys therapist said to not lean forward. Other than that, im shooting for low carb or no carb cause ive been getting heart burn n my blood pressures been pretty high too.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,364 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Richard!

I would trust the word of your physical therapist over anything you hear from strangers online, who may or may not know what they're talking about, and even the best intentioned and best informed of us do not know your specific physical needs and limitations the way a doctor in the room with you does. If you do not trust the word of one doctor, find another doctor to bounce the advice off of, not us.

What we can do is cheer for you, give advice on exercise routines or dietary suggestions.