What to do if feeling fatigue and trying to get through a workout?

Options
Hi. I just started walking on the treadmill this week and I'm noticing that I struggle to get through the workout because I'm feeling so fatigue. Any suggestions?

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating in general?

Fatigue from walking is concerning. If you're under-eating you may be causing it but it could also be some medical condition. Not enough info.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used to struggle as well and learned I was anemic and had a vitamin def, I would suggest if you are able to get some lab work done do it, otherwise I agree with the other poster^^ could be your calorie intake, food is fuel or lack of sleep...stress...if you are new to exercise and have been very sedentary then it could also just be a big adjustment for your body.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Review your nutrition and sleep habits.

Exercising while not having any fuel in the tank won’t work
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I probably need to eat more. I have been only eating 1500-1600 per day. I probably need to take vitamin D because I found out that my levels are low but not much.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'd encourage you to see a doctor and maybe have a liver panel done. Low vitamin d and fatigue can mean fatty liver and the symptoms are super vague. I was recently diagnosed myself and wish i would have tested sooner. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    In addition to good questions and good advice above, how much (time or theoretical distance) are you walking on the treadmill, and how fast?

Many people starting out overdo exercise, i.e., do too much for their current fitness level. That can be counter-productive and cause fatigue, in itself. It's true that such complications are less likely with low intensity exercise, but it's still possible.