losing weight but feeling worse??

Options
I’ve been losing weight steadily not too fast around seven pounds but i find that i’ve become more and more conscious with how i look. Health wise i feel fine but now i just don’t feel accomplished because i don’t see results

Replies

• kebass01
    kebass01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The app has an upload photo when you log your weight each time or even just take a before photo on your phone each week or once a month. Sports bra and sports shorts or a swim suit, front, side, and back (side and back will prob be the most motivational). I personally refuse to take photos of myself bc of how self conscious I am. Instead I use my hands lol. If I am laying on my side in my bed I use my hand to measure the distance to my belly button from the side, if that makes sense. I am seeing progress bc my middle finger is at the edge of my belly button when before it couldn’t reach it. Or underneath (my mom pooch) while laying on my side how many with my hand at my bikini line how many fingers width hold up my pooch. It actually went from 4-3 in 10lbs and I am at 15 and it’s gone down to 2. Weird method I know but it works for me. You can also do tape measure sizes around different body parts and log them in the app to see the progress of inches lost. Even just looser shirts or pants are a win!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    It might be helpful to remember that we lose fat from all over our body when we lose weight. I think of it like butter on toast. You put your pat of butter on your toast and think it's a good amount of butter. Then you spread it all over the toast and it doesn't look like nearly as much. Weight loss is kind of the same. You've lost a good amount of weight, but because that is distributed across your whole body, it's harder to see, particularly without some kind of comparison. That's why photos can be very helpful in the process.