44 year old guy trying to be healthy

Options
Hi! I'm a guy on a journey, it's starting slow. I deal with chronic pain and I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years ago, and within a couple months I started dealing with chronic pain. So, I have to be careful what I do exercise wise. But I'm trying to get out there and make the most of this life.

I've never been a social butterfly, rather, I'm the guy that sits in the corner quiet, watching everyone else have fun. I'd love to make some friends, and get healthy!

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome :D:)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    Welcome. While I can't say it will work for you, when I was diagnosed pre-diabetic I went Keto. It not only dealt with my pre-diabetes, but it dropped my blood pressure and fixed my joint pain to the point things only hurt because I hurt them. It took several months for the joint pain to go away, and I wasn't doing Keto to get rid of it as I didn't know it did that for some people. I now have a normal HbA1C and no joint pain. As I said, it is not necessarily for everyone, but it did wonders for me and I plan to eat this way the rest of my life.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome. While I can't say it will work for you, when I was diagnosed pre-diabetic I went Keto. It not only dealt with my pre-diabetes, but it dropped my blood pressure and fixed my joint pain to the point things only hurt because I hurt them. It took several months for the joint pain to go away, and I wasn't doing Keto to get rid of it as I didn't know it did that for some people. I now have a normal HbA1C and no joint pain. As I said, it is not necessarily for everyone, but it did wonders for me and I plan to eat this way the rest of my life.

Sounds a good idea to try.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    ...it did wonders for me and I plan to eat this way the rest of my life.
    This is a fantastically written testimonial. I'm glad you're out of pre-diabetes, and pain.