Stomach Stapling & Other Issues - Any Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that sounds so difficult. I have a friend with a similar problem, but from a malfunction of the sphincter that lets food into her stomach.

My suggestion would be to purée food to get it to the right consistency. Not the greatest with regard to texture, but better than throwing up for hours. Also, could you try shakes or juicing as a way to get something in?

I was just about to suggest the same. there is information out there on the internet and a few documentaries i've heard of talking about the wonders of juicing, so that might be a good place for you to start to get all your nutrients. most people put fruits into the mix to give all the veggies a sweet taste, makes it go down easier.
  • beenthere1988
    Options
    Hi everyone..I haven't been on for a while but I do have an update. I am going to have a revision of my stomach from the vertical banding/stapling to gastric bypass. Just wondering if there are any slim people that had to have the bypass.I am 112lbs and can't find anyone in my situation.I am afraid I will lose too much weight .I know it sounds crazy, but I have to try hard to maintain this weight. I do drink boost drinks and take vitamins. Thank you to those who replied previously.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would like to "just suck it up and eat them anyway" but then I spend hours (and sometimes days) throwing up and unable to eat or drink anything.

Have you seen a doctor about this. Could it be that your stoma needs a bit of stretching. Not the pouch just the opening. They do sometimes close a little. Most junk turns to liquid in your mouth that or becomes mushy so it's easy to get through the opening.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm sorry sorry that your in pain/sick. My mom had her stomach stapled years ago (in the 80's I think) when it was the trend. It wasn't very successful for her as far as weight control/loss. I remember her having difficulty with foods also, she would always say that her stomach was "clogged" if she ate the wrong food or too fast.

Can you eat more mushy foods for the time being? I know they are not very appealing. Apple sauces, protein shakes, etc?

So sorry. :(

You can add me if you would like.
  • beenthere1988
    Options
    Did she lose weight and keep it off..What did she do about it?