Good Afternoon!

Options
My name is Lisa. I had gastric sleeve surgery on 02/22/24. The initial two month weight loss was a breeze, now that I’m on month 3 I am stalling and struggling. I am following the foods and exercising 3 times a week at the gym for an hour each visit. My calorie count is around 600 a day but my scale is stuck! Any advise, suggestions or anyone in a similar slump?
Thanks

Answers

• kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Getting stuck so soon after your surgery tells me that you need to consult with your surgeon. Have you done that yet?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Lisa!

In addition to consulting with the surgeon, seems a good idea to closely examine the way you record calories. Are you measuring with a scale, or with the eyeball test? Are you accounting for everything consumed, including condiments and taste-testing while preparing food? Are you recording in oz or grams? (Using the wrong unit of measurement is how NASA engineers, smartest men on the planet, lost a multi-billion dollar space probe on route to Mars, by using miles instead of kilometers.)
  • shtbttn8gj
    shtbttn8gj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I have been consulting with a dietitian with my surgeons office and am carefully recording what I eat. No condiments or snacking. I honestly can not eat or drink more than 2 ounces at a time. I lost 65 pounds from 01/02/24 - 04/01/24 since then I have only went down 4 pounds. At the end of this week the office will be reviewing my food for the week and hopefully have some ideas.