Roasted Chick Pea Calories

Options
I have a question about this. On this site and elsewhere, I found that half a cup of roasted chick peas is 110-150 calories. However, on the can of cooked chickpeas, it says that half a cup (3.5 servings per can) is 110 calories. After being roasted, there certainly wasn't even a full cup. I tend to burn things the first time I roast them...so I only had about half a cup left that I put into a bag and ran out the door.

So do chickpeas lose calories when roasted? Or am I eating way more than I think?

Replies

• activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I would love if you could share on how to make them. I love chick peas and I would think a great snack when rosted.

Thanks
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    It's really easy! Here's a link: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/10/exactly-how-i-roast-my-chickpeas/

This is going to have to be my new snack, it satisfies my cravings for crunchy and salty foods :) Maybe next time I will try some cinnamon on them!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have a question about this. On this site and elsewhere, I found that half a cup of roasted chick peas is 110-150 calories. However, on the can of cooked chickpeas, it says that half a cup (3.5 servings per can) is 110 calories. After being roasted, there certainly wasn't even a full cup. I tend to burn things the first time I roast them...so I only had about half a cup left that I put into a bag and ran out the door.

So do chickpeas lose calories when roasted? Or am I eating way more than I think?

Things that are cooked tend to shrink in size. That's what's going on.

The best way to get accurate measurements would be to enter the recipe here, using your raw ingredients. Then, you know exactly what you are eating.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Things that are cooked tend to shrink in size. That's what's going on.

The best way to get accurate measurements would be to enter the recipe here, using your raw ingredients. Then, you know exactly what you are eating.

This

They are just losing water when they shrink not the calories.