troubleshooting

HOKIEPOKIE2
HOKIEPOKIE2 Posts: 1 Member
This is the message/link I get when trying to add food to my food diary.

Page not found
Sorry, but the page you requested was not found. Please check the URL and try again.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    This sounds like some kind of a bug. I think you're not getting answers because when you post here, you're only talking to other MFP users with no more power or insight than you have yourself.

You can try posting here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/myfitnesspal-tech-support-questions

The MFP staff read there sometimes and reply, but they'll probably tell you to contact MFP support via the Help link, or via the support email address.

There's a tiny chance some other user who's had that problem and who learned a solution will see your post (here or in that area) and respond, but I don't think that's super likely, sorry to say.

I'd suggest contacting MFP support via the Help link. That can be a somewhat tedious experience, but I've been successful in getting help that way, if I stick with it. If you go that route, be sure to do what they ask and report back, and for sure answer every one of their messages to you, even if just to say you're still needing help with it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    This is STILL going on...despite Tech request.

ugh.

Good thing I have most of my foods in "Recents"

It's only when searching the database from the "Add Food" page.

Annnnnnnnnnnoooooooyyyyyyying. :neutral:
  • harrisonpage
    harrisonpage Posts: 5 Member
    Here we are, a month later, and the bug is still open. Users are still losing data, company doesn't care. The minute I can replace this app with a working app I will do so.
  • cmriverside
    edited June 10
    Yeah, and the response I got just a couple days ago from "Support" is, "Sorry, it takes time."

Really? Great. Super helpful. I can't imagine that ANY bug would take a month.

This is food logging - it's virtually the entire point of this site. I still can't log anything from the database. I can only use foods I've used before from my Recent/Favorites or from my MY FOODS tab, not add the very same foods from the database. Like, I can use a crouton I've added to MY FOODS, but not that same (from my food) crouton from the database. I have to go to the tab for MY FOODS and add it that way.
  • harrisonpage
    harrisonpage Posts: 5 Member
    Here we are at the end of summer and the bug is still open. WTF
  • cmriverside
    edited August 28
    Here we are at the end of summer and the bug is still open. WTF

I don't think they're going to fix it...

I can make it work if I turn off "Enhanced tracking" just for food logging. When you're in the FOOD diary, click the little shield icon to the left of the lock icon up in the address bar, then click the "Enhanced tracking protection" toggle to turn it off. It will redirect you and you'll have to accept cookies, but the food stuff works. You'll see ads too, but only in the Food section, not the Community.