I know this has been addressed before but......

Options
2»

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    This is my first time posting but I am at a loss as to what to do. I have been seriously working on weight loss since July 1. The first six weeks I lost 20 pounds and was stoked! Now, nothing for three weeks straight :sad: . I have a history of getting discouraged and I don't want to this time. I would like suggestions, tips, any kind of advice if I am missing something! My goal is 100 pounds by April 2014 I am okay if I just hit close to that, but stuck at a 20 pound loss-um, no.

Not sure if my diary is public so if you can't see it let me know! And thank you for any help you can provide :smile:

The first thing I noticed was that so far, five days into September, you've only logged today. I'd suggest using a kitchen scale to weigh your food for greater accuracy and logging everything. If you're going to use MFP for your tracking and calorie goal you should also be eating back exercise calories. I know many people worry about the number being inflated, but I do encourage you ( once you have your days tracked accurately so you know for sure how much you're actually eating) to eat back at least a portion.
  • Mamaharm2
    Mamaharm2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a week or so back, but your logging is really inconsistent. I can relate to that. That could lead to all sorts of potential problems. You could be eating too little, or you could be underestimating how much you're eating.

1) Log consistently and accurately

2) Focus on living your life. Losing weight is not your job, so don't act like a disappointed manager when you don't hit your metrics

3) Weigh yourself 1/month and take measurements.

And if you care about body composition instead of just weight loss, some increased protein and resistance training might help.

thank you...very helpful...I slipped on logging, I know....I honestly didn't think it would cause me not to lose for three weeks because I was still doing all the exercise and not eating yucky
  • Mamaharm2
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was that so far, five days into September, you've only logged today. I'd suggest using a kitchen scale to weigh your food for greater accuracy and logging everything. If you're going to use MFP for your tracking and calorie goal you should also be eating back exercise calories. I know many people worry about the number being inflated, but I do encourage you ( once you have your days tracked accurately so you know for sure how much you're actually eating) to eat back at least a portion.
    [/quote]

eating back calories totally scares me...I was never a "big' eater just a "bad" eater (plus seven pregnancies lol) so this eating thing is actually new to me...thank you for your advice :smile:
  • Mamaharm2
    Options
    My 10 steps to success...

1) consitency
    2) consistency
    3) consistency
    4) consistency
    5) consistency
    6) patience
    7) patience
    8) patience
    9) patience
    10) patience

I like your ten steps....I was expecting a consistent 1-2 pound drop and I guess I need to just run with it :smile: