Options
Vonne7348
Vonne7348 Posts: 3 Member
Hello looking for motivation just started back working out

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Welcome both to MFP and to the world of working out!

Just like losing weight is most successful for people who make changes they can live with, and then keep up those changes over time, so too does working out work best for those who add exercises they can live with and keep up over time. Don't go from never running a single step to trying to complete a marathon: ease into it, with a marathon as a long-term goal. Pick a workout you can enjoy, whether traditional sports or ballroom dancing or walks around the neighborhood, keep at it despite early grumps from the body saying "I'm tired/sore/stiff", slowly increase duration, quantity and intensity as your body adapts.

You got this!
  • sflake2014
    sflake2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I have just restarted and can use some buddies, if you are interested. I have swapped to a stricter Mediterranean Diet about 6 months ago and now, I think it is time to get some exercise and tracking in.

I did just start a group today called Mediterranean WOE. I'm hoping to fill with meals, exercises, goals, etc. Not much in there but, the more the merrier. :)