Newbie here😄

Options
joyrn7755
joyrn7755 Posts: 1 Member
Hi ya’ll I’m a 50 something year old woman looking to get rid of about 60 lbs. I’m wanting to just feel a bit better about my self and thinking if I am accountable for what I put in my body, it might change my way of thinking I want to thank my son for paying for my subscription to my fitness pal He’s a member too, and is helping me on my journey. Good luck to everyone who read this with your weight loss journey as well.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

What a nice son you have! Yes, this can really work, for people who commit to work with it. (I lost about 50 pounds at age 59-60, and it's still gone 8 years later. The quality of life improvement has been huge, for me.)

Wishing you success!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Joy! Not only is this website/app a wonderful resource, but you can also draw from lessons learned by your son to help avoid making the same mistakes early on that he learned to avoid. Double score!
  • sflake2014
    sflake2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What a great gift from your son! :)

I have just restarted and can use some buddies, if you are interested. I have swapped to a stricter Mediterranean Diet about 6 months ago and now, I think it is time to get some exercise and tracking in.

I did just start a group today called Mediterranean WOE. I'm hoping to fill with meals, exercises, goals, etc. Not much in there yet but, the more the merrier. :)