Hello

Options
I’ve been faithfully watching every bite I put into my mouth to only lose 10 lbs over almost 6 months. So disheartening but not giving up. I thought by now I would have at least lost 25 lbs. hormones and age are a factor I know and for some reason my face seems puffier! But I’m not quitting. I’m not on a diet I’m just changing habits. I’m still proud of myself. When I hit that ten pounds I punched the sky. Now to do it at least 6 more times.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

If you've been that diligent logging food for six months, then you probably have a very good baseline for how many calories per day result in a loss of 10lbs in that time. If you want to accelerate weight loss, now you can make an intelligent reduction to a lower amount. Start by cutting 250 calories per day, give it a month, this will hopefully result in a drop of a couple pounds. Sticking to this over the next six months would result in a drop of 23lbs (10 to mirror the 10 you already lost, plus an additional 13 from the 250/day cut).
  • sflake2014
    sflake2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand how discouraging that can be. I lost 12 pounds in 6 months and then gained 5 back out of nowhere. :(

This is the main reason why I have just restarted MFP. Hoping to get some buddies for more inspiration. Add me if you are interested. I have swapped to a stricter Mediterranean Diet about 6 months ago and now, I think it is time to get some exercise and tracking in.

I did just start a group today called Mediterranean WOE. I'm hoping to fill with meals, exercises, goals, etc. Not much in there yet but, the more the merrier. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    I’ve been faithfully watching every bite I put into my mouth to only lose 10 lbs over almost 6 months. So disheartening but not giving up. I thought by now I would have at least lost 25 lbs. hormones and age are a factor I know and for some reason my face seems puffier! But I’m not quitting. I’m not on a diet I’m just changing habits. I’m still proud of myself. When I hit that ten pounds I punched the sky. Now to do it at least 6 more times.

It's great that you've lost 10 pounds: Progress! I like nossmf's advice above.

I'm a skeptic about the hormones/age influence (speaking as someone who lost at age 59-60, already menopausal for around 15 years at that point, and severely hypothyroid (but medicated); and who's now 68 and still at a healthy weight). Those are things that a bunch of marketers are now using to get us to buy their diet plans, workout regimens, supplements, etc., though.

If you think you look puffier, have you talked with your doctor about why that might be so? I don't want to be scary, but there are health conditions that can cause water retention (puffiness) and potentially make weight loss somewhat more difficult in other ways.

Best wishes!