Hello

Options
Mattylucy
Mattylucy Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I’ve just started Myfitnesspal 2 weeks ago at the same time as joining the gym. I’d like to lose a stone. I’m doing a Zumba class for 45 mins on Tuesday and Legs Bums &Tums for 30 mins on Thursdays and Fridays, hope this is enough to reach my goals.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,838 Member
    Options
    Exercise is more about getting fit and toning your muscles.
    To lose weight you really need to be sure to eat fewer calories than you expend.

Good job starting. You will reach your goal if you stick with the program.
    Stick around. Read the forums. Ask questions. Maybe join a challenge or chat group.

Welcome to MFP.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,856 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    “Weight loss is made in the kitchen”.

I work out several hours a day, simply because I enjoy it. It only takes a little to burn through any exercise calories burned. Witness last night’s unbelievable bunco dinner. I recorded it at 2500 and am certain that’s low.

That one blip burned through many days of deficit. Had I not learned the “cost” of calories and the “earning” of exercise through careful logging, I’d be wondering why I hadn’t lost weight.

That’s what happened when I was obese, and stupidly thought an hour walk in the evening burned off a while family pack of Oreos. Nope. Lucky to burn off a single serving of two sad little cookies.

Logging was my light bulb moment.

Actually, I gained three pounds overnight, due to the bunco carb hit. Am I worried? Nah. It’ll be gone in a couple days- if I continue to log and stick to plan, and don’t run around screaming that my hair is on fire because I gained 3 overnight.

BTW, don’t forget, exercise that is new to you can likewise cause temporary weight gain, especially (but not necessarily always) if you’re feeling muscle
    soreness.