Firefox - Can't Add Food Items

Like other users, I have suddenly lost the ability to add food items using the Firefox browser. I get the error message: "Sorry, but the page you requested was not found. Please check the URL and try again." I do not have this problem with other browsers, but I prefer Firefox. One thing I have noticed: the problem started a few days ago when I stopped getting a prompt asking if I would allow cookies. Has anyone found a workaround? I hope this gets fixed soon.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    edited June 25 Answer ✓
    This is still a problem. I can't log food from the database using the "Add Food" page on firefox. Still. A month and some days.

Is anyone working on this? Is @Alex still on the forums?

@cmriverside We do have a bug ticket open for this and our developers are looking into it. As you can imagine, their attention is split between solving a myriad of different bugs, improvements, and developing new features. Some issues need to take higher priority than others.

Without getting into overly complex specifics, what I can tell you is that this particular issue can be sidestepped by turning off Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection, as it is causing interference with our web architecture. Ideally we will have a fix in place at some point that resolves this, but in the meantime using a different browser or turning that feature off should resolve the issue.

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    Hello! Please reach out to our dedicated support team for assistance by visiting https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or emailing directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    This is exactly my problem.

It's been going on since the 16th I think.

I opened a Support ticket, but nothing has been fixed.

Now there has been another firefox update since.

I find I can log food still on Edge. That's the "workaround" right now.

VERY annoying.
  • cmriverside
    So...oddly enough - yesterday afternoon it was working again. Got the cookies prompt at log-in and I was able to pull foods from the database again.

But this morning it's back to broken.

• rmbel48
    rmbel48 Posts: 1 Member
    Same here. I am using Chrome as my workaround.
  • mbinaz2019
    mbinaz2019 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm glad to know it's not just me. I use Firefox, and I prefer to use the web version rather than the app. It's been really frustrating, since it works on Firefox sometimes, and not at other times. I guess I'll have to switch browsers until this gets fixed.
  • klkl10
    klkl10 Posts: 49 Member
    Seems like it's broken again. Getting a red tab error bottom of my screen on Windows 10/Firefox.
  • cmriverside
    Yeah, it's intermittently working and not working for me.

Computers make my life easier... :neutral: /sarcasm
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Chrome user. Can't add foods as of this morning. Keeping getting "There is an error processing your request. Try again later."

*hops in tech problem boat with everyone else*
  • cmriverside
    Okay, so, for instance....this morning - right now - I can add food from the database.

Praying it sticks this time, but not counting my chickens.
  • cmriverside
    edited June 15
    Okay, so, for instance....this morning - right now - I can add food from the database.

Praying it sticks this time, but not counting my chickens.

....later that same day, broken again.

I mean...same day, same browser, presumably nothing on my end changed. Why, mfp? It's now been one month of not being able to log food from the database.

*edit, Oh, and something new.
    When I got the "Page Not Found" prompt? It was in German. :lol: I've never chosen German, ever.

• cmriverside
    This is still a problem. I can't log food from the database using the "Add Food" page on firefox. Still. A month and some days.

• cmriverside
    durden wrote: »

@cmriverside We do have a bug ticket open for this and our developers are looking into it. As you can imagine, their attention is split between solving a myriad of different bugs, improvements, and developing new features. Some issues need to take higher priority than others.

Without getting into overly complex specifics, what I can tell you is that this particular issue can be sidestepped by turning off Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection, as it is causing interference with our web architecture. Ideally we will have a fix in place at some point that resolves this, but in the meantime using a different browser or turning that feature off should resolve the issue.

Thanks, @durden. It's really weird because on some days it works and some days it doesn't. I've been getting around it but people who are new are gonna have problems - I have enough stuff loaded into my personal lists that I can work around it but it's time consuming. Thanks for answering, though. I'm glad to know it's been sort of figured out.
  • simondaw1
    simondaw1 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm getting this issue - and have been for a while - using Edge. Just tried with Chrome, and that's working for me, at the moment. It's basically meant that I'm limited to adding food that's not in my "recent" list using my phone.
    I appreciate the "lots of bugs...busy..." point, but this is fairly significant, really...
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 286 Member
    I have the same issue using firefox. It's a major problem, please look into it.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 17,441 Member
    I'm getting this issue today using Brave. Just started happening today.