Why won't the MFP app let me add my own serving weight?

Options
JamesArthur3933
JamesArthur3933 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 20 in Getting Started
I'm new to MFP and am put off straight away logging my food because the app won't let me add my own portion/serving wieghts. An example below..

I wanted a roast beef sandwich for lunch and scanned the packet of sliced beef. The beef weighs 90g. my slice weighed 30g.

The packet scanned fine using my Android mobile but the serving size MFP makes me choose is 100g or 1g.

Is the only way to get around this to enter 30 servings of 1g? I hate the idea of having 30 servings. I just think it's stupid how you can't enter a custom amount.

Anyway I decided just to chuck the whole of the beef on (90g) and log the full packet. I'm under by 10g.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    Yes, enter 30 X 1

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,573 Member
    Options
    Click on the weight given and if you chose 100g then enter the amount of 0.3. If it's 1g then enter 30. Simples.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,026 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and am put off straight away logging my food because the app won't let me add my own portion/serving wieghts. An example below..

I wanted a roast beef sandwich for lunch and scanned the packet of sliced beef. The beef weighs 90g. my slice weighed 30g.

The packet scanned fine using my Android mobile but the serving size MFP makes me choose is 100g or 1g.

Is the only way to get around this to enter 30 servings of 1g? I hate the idea of having 30 servings. I just think it's stupid how you can't enter a custom amount.

Anyway I decided just to chuck the whole of the beef on (90g) and log the full packet. I'm under by 10g.

Entering 30 is entering a custom amount.

When you used the whole packet and selected 100 g as the serving size, you should have typed 0.9 into the field for the number of servings (the leading zero isn't necessary; I just put it there to be sure people saw the decimal point).
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Is the only way to get around this to enter 30 servings of 1g? I hate hthe idea of having 30 servings. I just think it's stupid how you can't enter a custom amount.

You’re not having 30 servings though.
    You’re having 1 serving that weighs 30g.

• JamesArthur3933
    JamesArthur3933 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, got it :) I thought for a minute that 30 serving of 1g would create a huge list of those 1g :)