Breakfast

Options
jessnliam2
jessnliam2 Posts: 1 Member
Any non breakfast breakfast foods anyone like to share, I used to do eggs but now I’m just sick of it, I’ll only do deviled eggs lol

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,706 Member
    Options
    Try Asian breakfast such as noodle soups like Pho.
  • aef5p
    aef5p Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carb balance tortilla with deli meat, cheese, and veggies
  • ajmg11223344
    ajmg11223344 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    an ice coffee frappe with made with stevia and frozen unsweetened almond milk cubes, and a rice cake with some PB2 (powdered penut butter).... (I am Dairy free and celiac)
  • ajmg11223344
    ajmg11223344 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    And if you want to try a different spin on an egg-based breakfast, try making some low-calorie pumpkin pie egg bites...
    (My recipe makes 12, each pumpkin egg bite has approximately 45 calories each)
    Ingredients: 7 large egg whites, 1 can pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 3 tbs powdered sugar (or 3 tbs powdered stevia), 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, (additional 1 tsp cinnamon to sprinkle over top after baked).
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375* F
    2. in a medium-sized bowl, use an electric mixer to whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
    3. In a separate bowl, sift together the powdered sugar with the pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
    4. Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the powdered sugar mixture, and mix.
    5. Gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the meringue/egg whites, make sure not to over-mix.
    6. Gently pour the mixture into 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake tray.
    7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked on the inside and the top is not visibly runny.
    8. Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, and if desired sift some cinnamon over top of each one.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,759 Member
    Options
    My quick breakfast is an Ezekiel pita with 33g peanut butter, plus a glass of plain nonfat kefir.

Slightly slower breakfast: Greek yogurt bowl with 100g frozen mixed berries (partly thawed in microwave), 14g crumbled walnuts, 10g hemp hearts, 12g ground flax seed, 8g of peanut butter powder, half teaspoon of cinnamon (maybe a couple of grams; I eyeball it). Coffee with lots of hot skim milk on the side.

Even slower: All of the stuff from the yogurt bowl, plus 30g rolled oats cooked in water (microwave) and around 18g blackstrap molasses. Also coffee with hot skim milk.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I actually eat leftover dinner or a salad for breakfast most days and then for my lunch I’ll have something fruity or sweet. I like a sweet afternoon pick me up. Keeps my energy up..
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    avocado toast!
  • HappyWalker16
    HappyWalker16 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 26
    Options
    I like to make a big pot of rice and beans on the weekend and eat it for breakfast during the week with some greek yogurt.

Another idea is savory oats. There are many different recipes online, but I like to mix in some Parmesan cheese while cooking then top with avocado, tomato, and everything but the bagel seasoning. The oats can also be made in advance and re-heated throughout the week. May sound a bit strange but I find it delicious! Ends up being a bit like risotto.
  • doconnor6703
    doconnor6703 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am tired of eggs as well, so now it has been oatmeal or fruit and a protein shake.

Yesterday morning tried something new to me, I forget where I found the original recipe, you can modify it with different flavors and fruit to your liking and macro needs. It is sort of between pudding and mousse once mixed. Just add the powders slowly otherwise it may spill out or not mix well.

1 cup Greek yogurt (I use Oikos Pro Plain)
    2 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanuts)
    1 scoop Protein powder (I use Jocko Molk Chocolate)
    Added a hand full of strawberry slices

Very filling and helps me hit my protein goals the way I make it is roughly 400 calories and 60 grams of protein.
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy eggs, and sometimes mixing up the style of egg can be enough of a change. I make "meat muffins" (some people call them Egg Cups, but the name meat muffins made me laugh):

Line a muffin tray (any size) with the ground protein of your choice (I've used sausage and ground turkey, but with ground turkey you'll have to season it and then line);
    Bake in oven at 350 degrees until it's almost done, maybe 15-20 min;
    Drain excess liquid, then pour an egg in the hole & sprinkle some salt & pepper on top (go light on the salt if you're using sausage);
    Bake until eggs are done to your desired doneness, usually about 20 min for me
    Take out the tin and sprinkle anything you like on top as a garnish (I like cheddar cheese and smoked paprika, but you can also use chives, etc!)

They're egg-cellent reheated!

I also used to do oatmeal. I would do overnight oats (simply because I has too tired to prepare in the mornings). A portion of oats into a small container (I think I did 1/3 cup and double that amount for liquid amount of your choice - I liked to use non-sweetened almond milk for the creaminess. Add a small bit of flavoring - I love the Skinny Syrups, they have a sugar free Maple Bourbon Pecan that is literally the best thing ever for oatmeal. Then I put it in the fridge overnight. After heating up in the microwave in the morning, I cut up a banana into it. Delish!!
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My 2 fave brekfast right now.
    2 x heck sweet chilli chicken sausage
    100g potatoes, cooked in chip seasoning,
    I usually scramble an egg to but if you're off eggs, swap for mushrooms/peppers

2nd idea.
    150g greek yoghurt (0% fat)
    25g strawberry flavoured protein
    1 banana sliced
    20g granola.
  • mbinaz2019
    mbinaz2019 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal in the microwave. 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 2 TBSP PBFit or PB2 (for a little protein), 2 TBSP ground flax meal, sweetener of choice.

Sometimes I add a sliced banana, or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, or 1/2 cup pumpkin puree. Depending on what fruit I use, I add either cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.

Other days. I'll have 1 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt & fresh fruit or applesauce.

On days I don't feel like cooking at all, I'll have a Thomas' Light multigrain English muffin & peanut butter.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1 oz Boars Head Canadian Cheddar (super sharp and melts well)
    melted on a thick slice of homemade bread in the toaster oven.
    This morning it was Honey Wheat Beer Bread.
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato bowls are yummy and easy to do ! You can find a few different recipes out there, but it's basically sweet potato purée with some toppings you like (yogurt, nuts, fruits... go with your nutritional goals and taste !)

I like also toasts with cream cheese toped with strawberries and almonds or walnuts

• barbiedar
    barbiedar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes

1 Banana
    1/3 cup egg whites
    1 scoop protein powder (I use Purica Chocolaten (Plant based protien works best))
    2 tbsp of Nutra Cleanse or Flaxseed Meal
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • jimp6
    jimp6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts that i eat most days-
    1) Pumpkin waffles that are similar to barbiedar's protein pancakes but with pumpkin puree (instead of a banana) to lower the total sugars
    2) Before bed, i pour 200 grams of frozen berries in a bowl, add 30g Chia seeds, 170g 2% greek yogurt, a scoop of vanilla whey protien and let it thaw out overnight. When i am ready for breakfast, i just mix it up for a yummy creamy pudding.