I keep “starting over”- anyone want to be accountability partners?

Options
Hi there!

Really keen to push on with my progress- my perfectionist streak is slowing me up and I keep “starting over”

Wondering if anyone out there in similar boat who would like to work together to stay on track?

Answers

• roxanablanaru
    roxanablanaru Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    This seems to be my story for the past (almost) 3 years.
    I used to be really active, then had a baby and have been on a roller coaster ever since. Between always being sick and getting over bugs, and trying to get my anxiety in check so it does not affect my eating, I’ve been starting over, every 4-6 weeks. Would be great if we could have an accountability group 😊
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I keep starting over too. Each time I try something new for a bit - don't see a positive change and give up on it and either try something different - or just stop paying attention. I came up with some fitness goals which aren't tied to food. So I have something I can feel good about in the meantime.

Always looking for friends to work together ...
  • K_ROSE_
    K_ROSE_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’d love to! I was just about to post something like this! I’m in the same boat, halfway there to my first goal weight.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Life is messy, intentionally so! Something I remind myself when I mess up, is to love myself, to have forgiveness for myself the way I would someone else. We're allowed to struggle, we're allowed to have weak moments. The more we accept ourselves for being HUMAN, the easier it becomes to avoid those moments.

You got this!
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There is a very insightful post in the "Most Helpful Posts" sticky under Getting Started regarding starting over:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040368/some-thoughts-on-starting-over/p1

We are all looking for progress....not perfection (I attribute this mantra to Cathe Friedrich)
  • lisagclonmel3016
    lisagclonmel3016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Literally me! I start over each Monday…….literally been doing this for about 2 years now and I’ve only ended up gaining weight. Am really really starting again and I have to believe that it’s gonna happen this time. Have 40kg to lose (90lbs) but if I don’t get out of my own way it’ll be a lot more
  • roscoesmama1029
    roscoesmama1029 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m the same way — a perfectionist. I would love an accountability partner.
  • Anajolibarker
    Anajolibarker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I totally relate to these posts thank you everyone for sharing your unique journey, we have to be supportive.
  • letinthehealth
    letinthehealth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! Shall we create a WhatsApp group to keep each other accountable ?
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 361 Member
    edited May 27
    Options
    My original weight loss happened in 2007 and I maintained it until about 2017. Since then I've started over many times. I am now losing 20 pounds I gained after 2020.

My dedication is more stable this time because if I don't adhere to my diet I have multiple health issues. I love having friends who are motivated and working towards change. I have an open diary and post daily.