After 10 years and 3 months, is it time to say goodbye? How long have you been on MFP?

Options
jdscrubs32
jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
edited May 26 in Chit-Chat
As per the title, have been on MFP for 10 years and 3 months. How long have you been on MFP? When the announcement came through yesterday that the newsfeed is going to be discontinued in June, I was surprised by this. Both the newsfeed and walls of friends have been blank for the last two weeks for me. Have been in almost daily contact via email with IT support over the last two weeks and not once did they mention that this was going to happen.

Replies

• AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Over 10 years on and off. The change doesn't affect me. I don't have any friends on here.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    On and off since 2011
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    11 years. I don't even pay attention to my newsfeed so it doesn't affect me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    On and off since 2011 in different incarnations. I’ll miss seeing the few friends updates that I have on here, but we can find each other outside of this app. If the music thread implodes or I just get tired of posting music, then I’ll probably leave for good because I use another app to log food since the barcode went premium here.
  • OnMyOwnWay
    OnMyOwnWay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Over 10 years on / off. In some iterations I didn't have a news feed since I spent all of my time in the forums. In other times I had loads of (mostly) interactive friends.

I can see it both ways.
  • smithsusan961
    smithsusan961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    5 plus years. I am gone if they do not fix it.
  • Caeli11
    Caeli11 Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    Over 10 years now, but only started being consistent when I added some friends a year ago. Seeing everyone's activity in one place when you open the app has been really motivating.
  • DerangedPixi
    DerangedPixi Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    Would be 15 years this coming August, and MFP is a shell of itself.

Once my newsfeed is gone I will deactivate my account and Uninstall the app. There's better more stable options I stayed because of the people I've connected with through that
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options
    Since December 2015
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 546 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    I’ve posted in the activity and it’s gotten a total of 0 interactions in 3 days. Great job MFP!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I was on Spark People for a few years, and have been through a similar drama with that app.

Three years later?

Spark People has regrouped. It’s very different, but there are people there thriving. There are people who migrated from there to here - also thriving.

This is not the end. Maybe the end of an era. But not the end.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 996 Member
    edited May 26
    Options
    I’ve been here on and off for over 10 years. The newsfeed and my group of personal friends on newsfeed is what kept me coming back.

MFP is extremely buggy … increasingly so … It doesn’t seem like MFP invests in the development of the app.. At least at not from this user perspective.