waltz760
waltz760 Posts: 1 Member
Do I need to track diet sodas or 0 calorie sweeteners? I don’t see a point

Answers

• g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 25
    Options
    I would track everything-including supplements. For example-right now, I am just noting that I have taken vites in my notes, but haven't noted which ones, how much, or when yet. It is on my 'to do' list. I am looking for patterns-of doing better, making more gains, losing more weight, whatever. For some, the artificial sweetener is a trigger for additional sugar/carb cravings. Even if it doesn't trigger cravings, there may be some other benefit or hold back that you may be able to trace back to them if you note them.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    waltz760 wrote: »

No, you don't need to. I don't track anything that doesn't have calories. Waste of time to me.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise, no however if you track nutrients some drinks have sodium if that's a concern to you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    I track pretty much everything. But I don't track diet coke or fruit teas even though both possible have a tiny amount of calories. I'd not know what to track because there's no calorie info.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    I never have, and it hasn't seemed to negatively affect my weight loss.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Completely up to you.

As others mentioned there are some good reasons, depending on what your personal needs are. But it’s not necessary.

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you have sodium concerns like me then you should track them as some soft drinks can add sodium to the diet. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I personally try to track as much as I can because I'm a completionist. :lol:

In the long run, probably not unless you are tracking something other than calories (sodium).
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    waltz760 wrote: »

No, you don't need to. I don't track anything that doesn't have calories. Waste of time to me.

Agreed. Its also a convenience-reward for me. A drink I dont have to log, like unsweetened black coffee
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I only log those things to track any reactions or trends, especially if my gut has been acting up and I’m looking for the source. Otherwise I don’t think it’s necessary.

Wanted to also share that if anyone is tracking certain supplements and things for consistency, I’ve found habit tracker apps to be much more helpful. I like Daylio because it’s super simple and you can customize the activities that you track. Yes, it’s another app, but wanted to share for those who specifically want to track to build habits and would like to see patterns and trends.