adding friends

MDarleneB
MDarleneB Posts: 10 Member
I have tried adding a couple of people from groups I am a part of on here as my friend but I do not see the option to add friend?? How do you add a friend on here?

Best Answer

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    edited May 26 Answer ✓
    ok i have done that several times and to be honest, your name is the first one i have come across that is "private" and i still dont have any button on their MFP profile to add friend

EDIT: I think I see my problem, for some reason I have to go into their profile twice before I see it?? is that normal?

Yes, that is what you do.

1.) Click their name in the forum. Next:
    2.) Click View Profile. Next:
    3.) Click Myfitnesspal Profile. Next:
    4.) Add Friend

It's convoluted because of the past scammers and spammers that would get into people' profiles and stalk them or otherwise be a nuisance.

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Click their name in the forums, then on the page that comes up, click View Profile, then click Myfitnesspal Profile, then Add Friend. (They don't make it easy...)

They have to have their profile set to "public" or you won't be able to get to the "Add Friend" page.

THEN - as if that isn't enough? LOL, then the person has to approve your request. If they do, their name will appear in your Friend list on your profile page.

• MDarleneB
    MDarleneB Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 26
    ok i have done that several times and to be honest, your name is the first one i have come across that is "private" and i still dont have any button on their MFP profile to add friend

EDIT: I think I see my problem, for some reason I have to go into their profile twice before I see it?? is that normal?