Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,355 Member
    You posted "Health and Weight Loss."

So.

Yes. :flowerforyou:
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Yes I've lost 40 pounds. I thought my blood pressure would go down and I could stop my blood pressure pill, but nope. I'm still on the same dose of the same prescription.
    With weight loss I haven't gained any get up and go, but I've gained so much follow through.
    I don't know if my high cholesterol has gone down--no blood test--was waiting for Dr to order one, but getting impatient, may get my own.
    My blood sugar is fine. Only had one a1c test. It was 5.2. Don't know anything about it, but understand this is okay?
    What else should we discuss?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,871 Member
    What were your concerns, goals, or questions about health? Of course we can talk about it, but it would help to narrow the focus at least somewhat.

I committed to lose weight back in 2015 largely for health reasons: Mostly high cholesterol/triglycerides (because I didn't want to take a statin), but I also had borderline at best to mostly high blood pressure. I was already fairly active athletically (and had been for over a decade), and made generally nutritious dietary choices, but still had those issues, and I was class 1 obese. I had tried some changes to what I ate, without notable improvement in any of those problems.

Early in 2015, after starting into weight loss, I had my gallbladder removed. That was not triggered by weight loss, but the pathology report sealed the deal for me when it came to resolving the cholesterol problem. My gallbladder was a horrifying thickened, cholesterolized thing with actual holes in it. (New-ish acid reflux and heartburn problems resolved instantly after it was removed.)

About halfway through weight loss, still technically overweight, my blood lipids and BP normalized, and they've been solidly normal ever since. My PCP recently said my cholesterol was "phenomenal".

I still have sleep apnea, even at mid normal BMI (22-point-something nowadays). I never had high blood sugar, fortunately. (Maybe being athletically active had helped avoid that; no way to know.)