Completing entries

Bear4090t
Bear4090t Posts: 8 Member
Hi guys, I'm confused about what completing food entry does, once your submit a completed food entry can you ever view it again?, and what happens when you complete an entry do you get a weekly graph or something?.
Should i complete the entrys every day or just leave them as they are?

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    I'm not sure what you're asking? I know this app can be overwhelming at first: It's normal to be confused, and I'm glad you're asking questions. I'd like to help, if I can.

Are you talking about adding a new food to the foods database in MFP, or about logging a new food in your food diary?

If you're adding a new food to the food database, it will be in your "My Foods" forever. If you log a food in your diary, it will be in your Recent/Frequent Foods lists and come up first when you go to log a new food (as long as you log that food semi-frequently, because eventually it will drop off Recent/Frequent if you don't eat it often; but you can re-find it by search again later).

I'm not sure what you mean about completing an entry and getting a weekly graph. If you're asking what happens when you log a whole day, you can look back at that day, or at averages for the week, in various ways. There are reports and charts.

I'm not what you mean about completing the entries every day, either. If you're talking about the "Complete Diary" button on the food diary page, that just gives you a "in 5 weeks" weight prediction (which isn't typically very accurate, TBH), and posts a message to your timeline. I haven't completed my diary with that button in many, many months. Not clicking that button has zero effect on anything, other than the two things I just mentioned.

If you can clarify, maybe even include a screen shot of what you're asking about, I'd like to help. It would also help me (or us) help you if we knew whether you were using the MFP phone/tablet version (and whether it's on Apple or Android), or the MFP web browser version.

• Bear4090t
    Bear4090t Posts: 8 Member
    -I'm not sure what you mean about completing an entry and getting a weekly graph. If you're asking what happens when you log a whole day, you can look back at that day, or at averages for the week, in various ways. There are reports and charts.-

Hi, yes when you finishing logging your food for the day, it has a button that says 'complete this entry' , i have never clicked this as i wasnt sure if it would make the entry dissapear and not viewable in the future and i was curious to know if i click 'complete this entry' what is the benefit of doing so vs just leaving it open?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    It doesn't do much except:
    - give you a message about how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks if every day is like that (inaccurate)
    - post a message on your newsfeed about how you completed your diary for the day (a newsfeed which will be disappearing in a month, MFP is eliminating that feature)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Bear4090t wrote: »
    -I'm not sure what you mean about completing an entry and getting a weekly graph. If you're asking what happens when you log a whole day, you can look back at that day, or at averages for the week, in various ways. There are reports and charts.-

Hi, yes when you finishing logging your food for the day, it has a button that says 'complete this entry' , i have never clicked this as i wasnt sure if it would make the entry dissapear and not viewable in the future and i was curious to know if i click 'complete this entry' what is the benefit of doing so vs just leaving it open?

Thanks for clarifying! :)

Nope, it doesn't cause any of those complications.

It only does what Lietchi and I said above.

You can still edit the day you've "completed", even - add or delete or modify log entries on that page.

I don't ever click "Complete" anymore. That doesn't cause any complications, either, other than not doing the two things we mentioned.

I know there's a lot to figure out here . . . I hope you won't let it get to you! Hang in there, you'll be a pro in nearly no time!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    I've used MFP for years, and I never click "complete diary". I dont feel like im missing anything.