iOS App Users: How Are you Getting to Your Activity Feed?

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
edited May 28 in Getting Started
Has anyone using the iOS app found a way to efficiently get to their “activity feed”?

The only way I’m able to reach anyone’s activity feed - including my own - is like so:

1.) go to community board
2.) hit search in top right
3.) enter and search user name. Once the empty search page comes up, then I have an option to search “member”
4.) member name should come up, select member
5.) select “profile”
6.) this screen returns an activity feed, but you have to scroll down quite a bit to see it.

This is five or six steps to search for someone’s activity feed.

Activity feeds are not findable via friends list. Clicking on the profile pic there returns the opportunity to remove them, look at their diary (if open), private message them, or post to their newsfeed (the one that’s being discontinued).

Am I overlooking something?

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    Has anyone using the iOS app found a way to efficiently get to their “activity feed”?

The only way I’m able to reach anyone’s activity feed - including my own - is like so:

3.) enter and search user name. Once the empty search page comes up, then I have an option to search “member”
    5.) select “profile”
    6.) this screen returns an activity feed, but you have to scroll down quite a bit to see it.

Activity feeds are not findable via friends list. Clicking on the profile pic there returns the opportunity to remove them, look at their diary (if open), private message them, or post to their newsfeed (the one that’s being discontinued).

Unfortunately this is also my experience.

Further, if someone comments on my activity feed, I don’t get a notification at all.
    I have to heat to my feed, scroll down, and look for other’s comments.

If this is the way it’s going to be, it’s definitely sub-optimal in my opinion.

To be clear I almost always access MFP from my iPhone. Occasionally I use my iPad. Never a desktop since I don’t have one.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 370 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    From MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone I go to the more menu and access the community then from there select my picture at the top right corner and then select my name under my picture and then I can scroll down to view my activity feed. Now I will go check how it’s done with my pals..brb
    Ok so getting to my friends activity feed was not so easy. I had to find my friend in the community section under a post and then select their name and view their profile to then view their activity feed. There was no access to the activity feed from my friends list it only took me to their profile which was the newsfeed. So it appears very complicated to find your friends and view their activity. Hmmm
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,348 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    I never use the community in the app, always via my browser. There you can just tap on your own profile picture at the top (twice: once to open the menu, a second time on the enlarged profile picture).

PS: I have Android, but the same principle in the app: go to Community and then tap twice on your own profile picture.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    iOS app here - use it exclusively. Don’t use desktop or browser.

Yes, it’s a giant pain in the rear to get to activity list. It’s even more convoluted hunting down friends one by one to comment on individual activity lists. I don’t plan on using it.

It seems the app developers piecemeal everything out and over complicate things. If I pay for the app or use the free 8000 ads app - I expect it to be quick and easy, that’s why there is an app.

Multiple times I’ve emailed support and they say.. oh just use your browser.

Well then why do I have a 132 Mb app clogging my iPhone that I have to allow 28 tracking entities to follow my usage if I should just log onto a desktop somewhere… ? Makes the IOS app dispensable.

MyFitnessPal now NoFitnessPal.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks yall. I had no idea the name was clickable. It’s not blue or highlighted in any way. I just thought it was a name!

I am intentionally transitioning off an elderly MacBook, and will have no desktop at all by the end of June (assuming it survives that long).

I use only the iOS app, unless I need to post a link to a url within MFP and then I have to pull up the desktop version to retrieve the url. That’s another irritant. I’ve never been able to figure out how to get a URL off the app.

Thanks. This was very helpful!
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited May 28
    Options
    I use only the iOS app, unless I need to post a link to a url within MFP and then I have to pull up the desktop version to retrieve the url. That’s another irritant. I’ve never been able to figure out how to get a URL off the app.

Thanks. This was very helpful!

On IOS — if you go to the forum categories and want to link to a category — press down and then it will give a copy link pop up. Might save you from the desktop. (If that’s what you were talking about. 😇) If looking for a url while on iPhone.. can always open chrome or safari app and grab url on phone ..rather than going to different machine.

ul398lvna2e7.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options
    There is an activity feed? Seriously, never felt the urge to use one as I only track my food and add workouts if I have any. Thus sorry. Also on iOS
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,851 Member
    Options

5.) select “profile”

Unfortunately this is also my experience.

Further, if someone comments on my activity feed, I don’t get a notification at all.
    I have to heat to my feed, scroll down, and look for other’s comments.

If this is the way it’s going to be, it’s definitely sub-optimal in my opinion.

To be clear I almost always access MFP from my iPhone. Occasionally I use my iPad. Never a desktop since I don’t have one.

@MargaretYakoda, you can turn on notifications for your activity feed.

Click on your avatar photo in the upper right of a Community page.

In the box that appears, click on "Account & Privacy Settings"

On the right-hand side of the page that appears, find and click on "Notification Preferences".

Click the boxes to turn on either or both of "New comments on my activity feed posts" and "New posts on my profile's activity feed", depending on what you want.

ew6a2adap9df.jpg

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    THIS PROCESS is the opposite of "helpful and user friendly"

Trying to find someone's activity takes many steps---this is clunky code---how can the owners of MFP inflict this on us when the newsfeed was/is so accessible.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I miss my newsfeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    wwh140 wrote: »
    I miss my newsfeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. 🤗