Cauliflower french fries

Options

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump, willing to try, I like french fries a little too much!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    STOP SHAMING THE POTATO

it never did anything to you
  • Dublinmum
    Dublinmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Blitz cauliflower in a food processor until it's finely ground. Microwave with a little water for about five minutes. Serve with curry or stir fry instead of rice. It's not rice, but it's yummy
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im trying this TONIGHT. i love cauliflower. yum!!! thank you!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    bump, willing to try, I like french fries a little too much!

It's okay. French fries like you, too. :)

You can have more than one friend. Just think of it as a snack instead of a fry.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a low-carb alt to reg pizza crust and have heard about zucchini fries. I recently tried zucchini last wk and will comfortable w trying the fries now.

Oh, you bet! It's great that you're trying new things. Great attitude!

I hope you find lots of new things you love! Zucchini is great for so many things. I put it in omelets almost daily. I grate it and mix it with potatoes for good hash browns. My friend who isn't even trying to lose weight loves these so much, he freezes them already mixed in portions. It's great in casseroles and soups. Stuffed with other veggies or rice and meat or whatever you like and baked in the oven. Not to mention good ol' zucchini bread. A little google search or looking a site like allrecipes.com will get you about a bazillion recipes. : )
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    So not french fries.
    It's baked cauliflower.
    Hmph.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the not-lasagna fiasco
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! As a diabetic, potatoes are NOT my friend. Taters might be friends of some of you out there, but don't go getting mean on the nice OP who gave folks like me another lovely way to enjoy a snack.:smile:
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and potatoes certainly don't taste the same as potatoes to me, but may try this out soon anyway.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Munchies. Fries? No.
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • curvymommacita
    curvymommacita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! As a diabetic, potatoes are NOT my friend. Taters might be friends of some of you out there, but don't go getting mean on the nice OP who gave folks like me another lovely way to enjoy a snack.:smile:

Yep, it's always nice to have options. I'm going to try them, too. :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You have just discovered you like baked cauliflower. Well done! Now try it with other veg, roasted sweet potato, potato, onion and carrots all work really well!

Also, there is no need to omit the olive oil, IT IS GOOD FOR YOU! Please don't be fooled into thinking because fat is calorically dense that you have to leave it out of your diet. Dietary fat will not make you fat, and a lot of 'dieters' are putting their health at risk by removing very healthy unsaturated fats from their diets.

That said, I'm glad you have some way to get some veg in your diet. Keep experimenting.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Yep, it's always nice to have options. I'm going to try them, too. :)

* Alternatives to be considered are daikon, rutabagas, zucchini, , french beans, squash family and sweet potato(watch your servings though@ your physician recommended limits).
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looks delishious, can't wait to try
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    /mourn the potato.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What is with all these derpy threads tonight? Is it full moon?
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bought some last week to try "mashed" vs. regular potatoes! Im excited! I've made low carb pizza with cauliflower as the crust, was kool and tasty!

Thanks for sharing!

Shan