My NSV

alainaswain3698
alainaswain3698 Posts: 11 Member
When I started on the journey to be healthy four weeks ago I was having horrible hot flashes, and was exhausted by the end of the day. A week later I received a call from my doctor that my bloodwork came back showing that I had type 2 diabetes, and was immediately prescribed medication to help control my blood sugar. I also have high blood pressure. I immediately started tracking what I was eating, and made major changes to my portion sizes, and cut out fried, breaded, and sugary foods and drinks. I now mainly eating fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and a limited amount of whole grains.

I am proud to say that not only am I getting blood pressure readings in the normal ranges ( they were in the 150/90 range), but my blood sugar has been in the 100s ( my results from the lab showed a reading of 300). My a1c was a 10. I see my doctor on June 11th and will have it checked. I also have more energy, and am sleeping better at night. Also no more waking up soaking wet from sweating. Yay.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!