Broken scale and now i'm upset!

Options
ok i'm pretty upset right now. ok so 3 weeks ago I weighed 259.6 or something so I started counting calories and everything and was weighing myself thinking that I was losing weight when the whole time my scale is broken! I had to take out my old scale which is not digital and said I was 253. which means I only lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks! I know people are going to say that is good still but no it's not for me cause usually I lose it faster and I am a big girl so it should melt off. I just want to go cry.

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hang in there--don't beat yourself up too much, or you'll completely demotivate yourself and "fall off" the wagon. Take it in stride and don't let it tear you down, just get up tomorrow and keep at it!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    But you still lost 6lb (nearly 7) which is a great achievement in itself so don't be so hard on yourself- its all going in the right direction. How do your clothes feel? How do you feel (or did you before the change of scales)?

Scales are a useful tool to monitor progress but they aren't the only one. Don't let them dictate your mood!

Tell yourself almost 7lb is better than nothing and you are making the right choices. The rewards will follw.

Good luck x
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be hard on yourself. As lucifa73 said, scales are not the only measurement. Why do not you try measuring your waist etc. Maybe they have reduced :flowerforyou:
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok, not sure if this is comforting or not but -

If your scales have been broken the whole time, maybe you weighed MORE intitially and you have lost more that 3lbs?
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    i started at 240 rarely lost more than 2lb a week!
    so don't see why so bother to be honest.
    i found out my scales were broke.. I actually weighed more. Think that's more upsetting.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    ok i'm pretty upset right now. ok so 3 weeks ago I weighed 259.6 or something so I started counting calories and everything and was weighing myself thinking that I was losing weight when the whole time my scale is broken! I had to take out my old scale which is not digital and said I was 253. which means I only lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks! I know people are going to say that is good still but no it's not for me cause usually I lose it faster and I am a big girl so it should melt off. I just want to go cry.

That equals to 2lb loss per week, what's wrong with that then?

You say you usually lose it faster, does this mean this will not be your first weight-loss programme?

The more times somebody tries to lose weight, the more the fat cells multiply each time, so what would have been easy to lose the very first "diet", subsequent "diets" the weight will be just that little more stubborn to shift.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    i started at 240 rarely lost more than 2lb a week!
    so don't see why so bother to be honest.
    i found out my scales were broke.. I actually weighed more. Think that's more upsetting.

Hi Leix

I know EXACTLY how that feels, I thought I weighed 154lbs a few months back, turned out my scales, too, were broken and I weighed not 154lbs but 179lbs!!! Still it got me going and motivated, a positive in every negative they say :laugh: