Taking away the newsfeed is taking away family

Options
jaxxie
jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
So many of us have built bonds in groups of many. Families have grown over 10 years and people are truly grieving.

It's shameful that you would do something to take away a safe space for 1000s.

Take a minute to think about the bonds and support some may otherwise not have!

Replies

• TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Loved the newsfeed. Can't figure out why the powers that be decided to scrap it.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    I know people are going to hate me for saying it..I just don't get it...if these are such good friends why would it be so hard to start a thread on community board or invite them to a group??? Or just add them on Facebook if you've been so involved for 10 years? I feel so much more comfortable talking to people I don't know personally on a public space than a private one!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    They said by the End of June,LIES!!!Its gone.No feed ,it’s pointless.

If they said by the end of June, and if it is gone for you now, they didn't lie.
  • Machka9
    edited June 12
    Options
    Yes this is horrible that they took it away.. now it’s like counting calories on a piece of paper! Why even have the app
    Newsfeed was the whole idea!

I thought the whole idea was the logging - diet, exercise, reports.

They are still there.
  • Machka9
    Options
    mjglantz wrote: »
    Loved the newsfeed. Can't figure out why the powers that be decided to scrap it.

It was no longer supported and too expensive to fix. A simple cost accounting exercise.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Yes this is horrible that they took it away.. now it’s like counting calories on a piece of paper! Why even have the app
    Newsfeed was the whole idea!

I thought the whole idea was the logging - diet, exercise, reports.

They are still there.

Apparently, the friend list is also still there via the website: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/friends
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    jaxxie wrote: »
    So many of us have built bonds in groups of many. Families have grown over 10 years and people are truly grieving.

It's shameful that you would do something to take away a safe space for 1000s.

Take a minute to think about the bonds and support some may otherwise not have!

With 21 and counting threads lamenting the removal of the newsfeeds, you aren’t alone! I hope you can find a way to connect with your fitfam!