Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi I'm here to get some motivation

Hi I'm looking to lose some weight for my health. I get stressed and run to eat something with cheese or just anything sweet . I hope to to try to make better choices hit me up anyone looking for a friend.

Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Nothing wrong with a good bit of cheese! But you got this. That mental thing... It's real but you can overcome.
  • K_ROSE_
    K_ROSE_ Posts: 7 Member
    I totally relate to this. How can I add you?
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    Im a big believer in chewing gum. Get some in a variety of delicious flavors.
    Change stress eating into stress gum chewing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    MMmm, cheese. I eat cheese every day. As long as it's within my calorie budget, it works out fine.

If stress eating is in the picture, experimenting with alternate stress management strategies is likely to be part of the solution. Different people here do wildly different things to manage stress: Moderate exercise, prayer or meditation, absorbing crafts projects, adult coloring books, power naps, journaling, counseling . . . you name it. Obviously, if you can reduce some of the sources of stress, that's ideal. Give it a think, try some alternatives, see what works.

If you commit to the goal, and keep trying tactics (eating routines or stress management or whatever), you'll eventually succeed. Only giving up the effort leads to failure.

Best wishes!
  • Inshapeandhealthy15
    Inshapeandhealthy15 Posts: 11 Member
    I feel you Moonchild181 and completely understand where you're coming from. After losing 40 pounds, and dropping 4 pants sizes, while working out with my personal trainer 7 years ago I realized that the weight loss journey is mostly emotional and mental. How you feel about yourself is in direct proportion to what, and how much, you eat plus it also affects your workouts. When a person eats emotionally it's because of something going on inside themselves that they do not like. Since I realize that now it motivates me to do better, achieve more, push myself and not let fear get in the way.

I also love not only cheese, but also my weakness is chocolate lol. For me I LOVE semi sweet chocolate chips in a jar of peanut butter - my comfort food and then some. HORRIBLE for me and I battle with this daily.

I am blessed, and VERY thankful, that during my cardio circuit training sessions I burn off up to 800 calories a day.

One more thing - don't listen to yourself when you hear inside that you can't. This is fear talking and will hold you back from achieving what you want.

Message me if you want to chat, need an accountability buddy or motivator. I'm in.