Tips for getting past plateau

Options
Starting weight was 330lb I have been consistently losing until about a week ago. I seem to be stuck at 302.2lb. My diet has been good I haven’t gone over my calories and I don’t count exercise calories as more calories I can eat. Exercise has been good been making sure I get my steps and doing HIIT 3-4 days a week and plyometrics 1-2 days a week. I get about 7-8.5 hours of sleep a night. Any thoughts?? My calorie goal is 2,030 I am consistently in the 1700-1800 range.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Only a week? Weight loss is not linear, my advice is to be patient. When you've stopped losing for more than 4 weeks (without a change in routine) you can start to worry about making adjustments.
  • camman92
    camman92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That makes senses thank you! Just been anxious to be sub 300 ha!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,883 Member
    Options
    camman92 wrote: »
    That makes senses thank you! Just been anxious to be sub 300 ha!

You'll get there! Lietchi is right about patience. Too many people give up after a short scale stall, when usually all that's really happening is a little perfectly normal, healthy water retention masking fat loss on the scale. Patience through that will usually be rewarded within days to a short number of weeks.

Hang in there, and you'll see that 2xx number in there pretty soon!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My thought is a week is not a plateau. If it is a month- 6 weeks, then it is a plateau and you would beed to refigure calorie needs after losing 10lbsor more.