off blood pressure meds!!!!

I have lost 20 pounds and as of last Thursday my doctor took me off blood pressure meds. I am a long way from making it but my fitness pal has saved my life it keeps me accountable. I just need to definitely move more!!
Lynnette:wink:

Replies

• djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    That is awesome! Way to go! :)
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Very inspirational! Congrats!
  • Good for you! :flowerforyou: Congratulations. :smile:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I have lost 20 pounds and as of last Thursday my doctor took me off blood pressure meds. I am a long way from making it but my fitness pal has saved my life it keeps me accountable. I just need to definitely move more!!
    Lynnette:wink:

That's your first step. Your second step is to tell yourself irrespective of how you feel every morning that you will do something - even if it only for 30 minutes
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    That is fantastic. Congratulations.
  • Bwalton79
    Bwalton79 Posts: 14 Member
    that is so wonderful to hear! congrats! I am working on that goal myself! want off these bp meds! :wink:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    congrats on coming off your meds!!!!!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement. This is one of my goals as well. I haven't been on the meds very long and the truth is I think the rise we saw was actually stress-related, but I think the benefits of better diet, weight loss, and exercise can balance it out.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    THANK YOU! No BP Meds is one of my goals. Two people told me could not be done. I use to take 2 BP Meds. As of Friday, I am down to ONE with the plan to go back in 6 mos . to be evaluated to get off the other one. Your sharing gives me HOPE! With God All things are POSSIBLE! Take Care!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Fantastic news !!!
  • LJL162
    LJL162 Posts: 13 Member
    That's fantastic.......it's defintately one of my goals and I'm part way there my doctor has taken me from the highest dose BP to the lowest.........my goal is to be off them totally.

Well done:wink:
  • pierogiprincess
    pierogiprincess Posts: 24 Member
    Congrats! This is also one of my goals and it is encouraging to see that it can be done!!:smile:
  • kg047
    kg047 Posts: 95 Member
    Congrats! You did the work and saved your own life! Keep up the good work. You already know that you can do it.
  • bayfsher
    bayfsher Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome, I just joined a few days ago and hearing that gives me even more incentive as that is one of my goals. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!