I am so not motivated, help please?

Options
Ok, I am 5'2... I used to be 113 lbs, then i broke up with my ex and so I gained like 10 lbs. 123-125. Then after that, it was so hard to lose weight again because no motivation and I feel like what's the point of getting skinny if no one loves me... so college and vacation gained me more weight. so now I ended up 140 lbs =(. I am sooooo over weight. I don't look as good as before anymore and its bringing me down. I really hope to lose weight but i love food... like A LOT. I work out a lot... i've been working out 2 weeks straight, an hour a day, 6 days a week. But the way I eat doesn't really make a difference, i don't see any difference, I am so sad. What can I do to get to the weight I used to be?? I feel like I will never get back to the same weight. please help? =(

Replies

• WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi! I am so sorry you are feeling so down...I think most of us have been there and know exactly what its like :-(

Have you gone through the goals on this site? Worked out your calorie intake? Added your exercises to your calories burned?

Are you eating enough? Sounds silly but not eating enough will mean your body holds onto weight rather than getting rid of it. Especially if you are exercising every day. Maybe review your calorie intake and increase it a little...I did and the weight started to move.

And I think alot of the success of weight loss is the way you feel about yourself. It's sad about your ex but you ARE a lovely person and you will be loved again. I have tried to lose weight so many times and the only times I am successful is when I am a bit selfish and think 'No - this is all for me. it's about how I will feel about myself at the end of it'.

If it helps why not make your food diary public so we can take a look at what you are eating and maybe make some suggestions?

Have a great day! You are here on this site and that's the first major step done and dealt with :-))
  • jadedchick22
    Options
    Well I did but I kind of stopped about 3 weeks ago because of vacation and stuff. But how can I make it public? And that would be great if people can see what i eat and help me out =)
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My Home>Settings>Diary settings. It is at the bottom.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation as you at first.

I found out that organisation is the key. Every morning I pack a bag for work with fruit, yogurt, water and cereal, and if I fancy something different for lunch I throw it in too (I don't eat breakfast first thing). I log my calories before eating to ensure that I'm not going over :smile: but as said, sometimes making your diary public means others can look at it and advise you better...

The only way for me to get properly motivated was to see the weight drop on the scales, so i took drastic action and started with a detox to get me going. It's been relatively easy since.

One thing I will say, because you love food, is experiment healthy foods, and have a treat once a week, because if you feel like you've been depriving yourself of the nice things you might fall off the wagon sooner! I have a chinese once a week, and even then I'm making different choices (chosing boiled rice or noodles over fried rice, etc) :smile:

You CAN do it :bigsmile:
  • dougsheldon
    Options
    If you're working out consistently every day, I'd say your protein intake is way too low. Go back into your goals and change it to:
    50% protein
    30% carbs
    20% fat

With a routine exercise program, this combination will burn fat.
    Try that for a couple weeks and if you don't see any changes try increasing your calories by a couple hundred.
    I'm not sure what kind of exercise your doing but 1200 is barely enough to get by.
    Hope that helps a little!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Im also 5ft 2 and used to weigh 146lbs. Before that I was around 112,and now Im settling into a quite fit and toned 132, Id like to lose a little more,but with exercise Ive found that even though Im heavier,Im fitting into my old size 10 jeans a treat.

Take measurements as well as weighing,as I found though I didnt lose "weight" perse, I really tightened up. :)