Major diet change no Loss

Options
I weigh about 18.5 stone! :) im a large build and about 6.3 almost 6.4

I decided to go on a no alchaol diet for 90 days. and increased my gym activity from none to 2 times a week. with some cyclying for almost 2 hours if i dont gym it.

im also keeping my calories under 2500 per day normally around 2100

during the entire peroid my weight has not changed at all. over 3 months of this and no change :(. some people say i look thinner but i dont belive them,. i havent resorted to measuring my self yet tho.

any idea's tips

Replies

• Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well done for keeping at it, your lifestyle choices sound great. Get the tape measure out and start recording those inches that you must be losing. Keep it up! :smile:
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?? You should have at least 8 glasses a day (about 2 litres). You have to drink water to lose water. So this could be why your scales aren't moving.

Also how are your clothes fitting? That is another way to tell if you are losing weight. The scale after all is a number and you could be losing fat but gaining muscle.

Just my thoughts but I am no expert.
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya!

You are doing great with all that exercise and the no alcohol - what willpower!!

Have you tried increasing the amount that you eat? A lot of times eating too little (and not coming up to the amount that is recommended for you) means your body will hold onto the weight in a kind of panic mode "OMG! What is he/she doing? We might need this fat later if this carries on...' kind of thing - if you see what I mean? :-))

That's the first thing I would do anyway...and measure yourself...muscle weighs heavier than fat so it might be you have lost size but not weight. And that will be why people say you look thinner :-)

Hope this helps! Have a good day!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    I agree with Wusscat I recommend upping your calories. :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Here's a post I posted earlier on weight loss plateau.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/109087-tips-for-breaking-a-weight-loss-plateau

Hope it helps and good luck :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Take inch measurement and body fat.....youre probably losing without even realsing :)
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    are you being honest over your calories, as I find it hard to believe that if you are doing everything exact, in terms of amount and portion control, that you have not lost anything! Under estimating is the downfall of many a calorie restrictive diet.
  • mcfake
    mcfake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks for your responces. atm i record everything i eat into my fitnesspal. but somedays i do forget :)./ overall my daily intake is the same/.

the problem i have is recording dinners as everything i eat is made from scratch.

so for example yesterday i had home made chicken wraps.

constited of 2 diced peppers.
    chillies
    2 breasts of chicken
    and a home made sauce of unknown qtY:)

but it is a large plate portion.

my weight over the last 90 days has fluctuated from 118 kg to 114 . but seems to balance out around 116 no consistant fall.

i will have to start measuring , i used to fit into my XXL t-shirts but now they may seem too large .

ill try to post my food intake or use the signature thing so u can see :)
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i cook everything from scratch too, i have found the recipe builder really useful on here.
  • mcfake
    mcfake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?? You should have at least 8 glasses a day (about 2 litres). You have to drink water to lose water. So this could be why your scales aren't moving.

Also how are your clothes fitting? That is another way to tell if you are losing weight. The scale after all is a number and you could be losing fat but gaining muscle.

Just my thoughts but I am no expert.

i think i Do drink enough i have at least 1 litre during the day but have about 4 pints of water when i get in from 5-12 at night.

not sure if drinking masses of water just in the night is a good plan tho.