Hi I'm back again!

Options
inprogress86
inprogress86 Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I think I've been in and off mfp over a decade! I had a sleeve surgery done about 3 years ago then just beat stage 4 cancer
My goals are getting in some good routines, 8 hours sleep pretty night, and hitting my current step goal.
I stay fatigued and working on getting strength back.
I'm also 37, single mom to a young special needs child, and welcome new friends and companions!

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am a frequent flyer as well. I wish you well ... congratulations on beating cancer. ❤️
  • mrskate2020
    mrskate2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am also a new start frequent flyer. I had sleeve in 2018. Lost 150 pounds, pandemic happened and I gained some. I also had breast cancer treatment which I am still dealing with the after effects of chemo and radiation and the awful oral pill after. I am ama with that, couldn’t deal with effects for another decade.

My goals are increase protein and produce, drink water, and move more.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,851 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the new starts @inprogress86 and @mrskate2020, plus greetings to @wizzybeth!

Congratulations on cancer remission, from a fellow survivor (stage III breast cancer, now way back in 2000). I often say that cancer treatment was the worst "hobby" I ever had: Worse than adventure travel, worse than extreme sports. ;):D

If the MFP/calorie counting approach suits your style, and you commit to it, I think you can make great progress here. I'd gotten routinely very active (even athletic, surprisingly to me/friends) after cancer treatment, just to restore my strength, vitality, happiness. But I stayed fat (overweight to class 1 obese) for another dozen years. Calorie counting helped me reach a healthy weight (currently lower 130s pounds at 5'5", age 68) and stay there for around 8 years since loss. That brought my high blood pressure and high cholesterol/triglycerides back to the good zone, too.

For me, both becoming more active (at around age 47) and reaching a healthy weight (at 59-60) were major quality of life improvements. I hope and want that for all of you, too: I'm cheering for your success!