Low calorie cake recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• mjkingsbury
    mjkingsbury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too use applesauce in place of oil... superb! :)
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Another one off this site I saved> I have not tried yet, I would put in the Recipe Calculator to find out exact Nutrients & Cals

Mix a box of angel food cake with a box of any flavor regular cake (Vanilla, devils food, red velvet...literally anything)

Store the dry mix in a Tupperware container.

Add:

3 Tablespoons of the dry mix to a teacup or a finger bowl

2 Tablespoons of water and mix

Microwave for 1 minute

3, 2, 1 Cake!

With my cake mixes I used (Pillsbury angel food and Duncan Heinz red velvet) it came out to be around 39 calories a cake.

I also added 1 tablespoon of *whipped Pillsbury vanilla frosting for 50 calories. That is all you need and make it much sweeter. So in all, 89 calories a cupcake with frosting.

Enjoy! You should get something like 60 servings out of the batch.

Um .... there was a thread on this awhile back .... the cake alone was calculated in the 100 calorie range
    Yeah I just put in Angle Food Cake and Red Velvet Cake (both mixes) and split it out to 60 servings....it brought it to 64 calories a serving. So at the very least each cake would be 64 calories. But still not bad at all...not 39 calories but...still if I had a craving I'd totally do this;)
  • sparks787
    sparks787 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump

What does bump mean? Please tell me, I am new and I keep seeing this word in the posts???
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bump

What does bump mean? Please tell me, I am new and I keep seeing this word in the posts???

Literally .... bring up my post

Some people "Bump" to revive a thread ....recent posts are at the top. Others want to "save" a thread for later ..... "bump" is a way of putting in their top 25
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Slice into as many servings as you need to make it low cal

Banana Split Ice Cream Cake

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/06/banana-split-ice-cream-cake-recipe.html?ref=title

20120618-209478-bsplitcake5.jpg
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Just want to save these for another day!

I have done the 3, 2, 1 cake and like it. I like that i don't make a whole cake as i am usually the only one in the house that eats it. I also love it warm with cool whip lite or free.

I have also done the pumpkin one someone suggested and it was delish!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/06/banana-split-ice-cream-cake-recipe.html?ref=title

OMG!
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • masson24
    masson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP - love the idea of using pumpkin with fall around the corner :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • fruitlessbanana
    Options
    I too use applesauce in place of oil... superb! :)
    I have tried this before with cookies but never with cake. hmmm.
  • wynn217
    wynn217 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rayraex
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has lots of healthy dessert recipes that are good! I get all my recipes from there!
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can also use Brummel & Brown "made with Yogurt butter" Fat 5g; calories 45 tsp. It is sold at Kroger, or Publix. WalMart stopped carrying it, so don't go there. At least they stop here in KY.
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes Flax Ground seed Can be used in place of egg and oil too Read the side of the Cobblestone Mills box it tells u how to do it. It works too, even the family will never know the difference.