Mixing it up

Any ideas for new training? Open to it all

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 471 Member
    Start really simple and general. Get into a routine, maybe for 1 month. After that add different lifts to your routine slowly as you gain strength, skill, and confidence.
    GET HELP LEARNING SAFE TECHNIQUES
    There's lots of ways to get hurt, so seek out experienced people who can show you the way.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,864 Member
    @ever4bball11

What are you doing CURRENTLY?

What have you done in the past that you don't do currently?

Nobody knows what's new for you if they don't know what isn't new.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 471 Member
    I'll bet you're not doing this:

SIMPLE & SINISTER SUMMARIZED
    by Pavel Tsousoline

3 sets 5 reps prying goblet squats
    3 sets 5 reps hip bridges
    3 sets 5 reps haloes

5 sets 10 reps one-arm swings per arm
    5 sets 1 rep Turkish get-up per arm.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,047 Member
    Any ideas for new training? Open to it all
    Training is a very general term. What are your goals?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,497 Member
    Interesting that so many have interpreted "training" as strength work. Maybe that's as you intended, but it wasn't explicit.

What are your reasons for training: General health, strength, cardiovascular capacity improvement, improvement at some specific sports or other physical activities, appearance? What do you want the training to achieve for you? Those things, and/or fun, social engagement, or something else?

And I'd echo the others: What do you do now, and why do you want to do something else? Is it to expand your capabilities, or that you're getting bored with your routine, or . . . ?

Me, I row (boats when I can, machines when I must), and bike some (paved trails when I can, stationary when I must), strength train and work on flexibility/mobility not nearly enough for my own good. (I don't recommend that last part. ;) )