Adding food in grams not servings

At the start of the week I make a big salad and each day I just grab however much I need to add to my meal based on my hunger.

Is it possible to add a meal but instead of saying how many servings it is when I add it to my fitness pal I just want to say I've had x amount of grams instead of a serving as this will differ each time. I don't necessarily want the same amount every time and I don't want to have to portion it out ahead of time.

I just make up a big bowl and tip out what I need.
Tagged:

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,971 Member
    I do that for things I enter as recipes.

I weigh all the ingredients. When I'm done, I weigh the finished product to get the "number of servings" for the recipe. It's the grams of finished product. When I get some to eat on any given day, I just weigh out the number of servings as how many grams there are.

I even use old recipes for things I make often even though there may be some subtle difference in the weight of individual ingredients or amount of water for soups. It gets me pretty close. I will revise a recipe if I have made enough changes.

I love that carrot, ginger, cashew soup I make, but boy howdy does it have a lot of calories.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    I always do that. As I’m the only one eating this dish and I know for how many days I cooked I just take a portion and log it as say 0.33 of the full meal and skip weighing it. Yeah, one day will be a bit more, the other a bit less but it evens out over three days.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    edited June 12
    I work out whatever math it takes for a serving to be an even 100s number of grams, like 100g or 200g or 1000g
    Ill just multiply my eaten amount to match.
    On the smaller end you could just adjust the number of servings so one portion is 1g or 10g then multiply from there