Where’s my new feed and support group

Options
I want my newsfeed back. I want to see my friends activity.

Answers

• shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me too! I can’t see it anymore
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    The newsfeed was no longer supported and too expensive to fix. A simple cost accounting exercise.

Everything else is still there and more may be added.
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't care what they add. I want my news feed
  • Machka9
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    Machka9: "A simple cost accounting exercise."

It was a cost accounting exercise in a mass exodus of good long-standing members. Not a "cost effective" move in functionality and keeping customers happy.

In cost accounting decisions, there can be some loss.

It's a weighing up of the cost, in this case, to attempt to provide support to an old, outdated, and unsupported bit of software vs the cost of losing half a dozen premium members.

Evidently it was cheaper to lose a few premium members.

I wouldn't call the exodus taking place "mass" and I think a lot of them are not premium members.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,294 Member
    edited June 14
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

It was a cost accounting exercise in a mass exodus of good long-standing members. Not a "cost effective" move in functionality and keeping customers happy.

It's a weighing up of the cost, in this case, to attempt to provide support to an old, outdated, and unsupported bit of software vs the cost of losing half a dozen premium members.

I wouldn't call the exodus taking place "mass" and I think a lot of them are not premium members.

You keep on talking like you have some sort of magic insight into the true numbers, whether it's the 'little used' newsfeed or now the 'half a dozen premium members'.
    Any view we have here is very, very partial since only a fraction of people visit the boards and our MFP friends also only represent a fraction of the total users.
    But certainly more than half a dozen of premium members have left, purely based on comments in these boards.
    Beyond that, no one has a real view on the numbers except MFP staff.

(Any cost accounting exercise from MFP was also just an educated guess, since they couldn't know beforehand how many people would leave exactly. )
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

You keep on talking like you have some sort of magic insight into the true numbers, whether it's the 'little used' newsfeed or now the 'half a dozen premium members'.
    Any view we have here is very, very partial since only a fraction of people visit the boards and our MFP friends also only represent a fraction of the total users.
    But certainly more than half a dozen of premium members have left, purely based on comments in these boards.
    Beyond that, no one has a real view on the numbers except MFP staff.

(Any cost accounting exercise from MFP was also just an educated guess, since they couldn't know beforehand how many people would leave exactly. )

Have they left? They're still posting here!

And I would think they'd look at the number of people who used the newsfeed (not many based on the article and Betty's comment) and assume that many of them would go, and use that number in the cost accounting exercise.